• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth finder transducer location

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just had my Garmin installed for the Bimini run the dealer Mount of the transducer back underneath the ride plate. Told me I would get a clearer image there and not have to worry about it getting broke off just wondering where everyone else has theirs mounted. 20170304_125320.jpg 20170304_125329.jpg 20170304_125310.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is likely a great spot. All you need is clean water for it to work well. Make sure you calibrate it for the extra depth of the keel, so that 0' is 0'. Cam.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would agree that is a great spot. Let us know how it performs at speed

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Whoa! I can't believe I didn't think of that. Assuming it works the way it should. I just installed my Garmin 74dv on the console and hadn't done the transducer yet. Glad I waited! I think I'll follow your lead.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Should have it out on tbe water next weekend ill let you know

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice!
Is they glued in place or screwed in place?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let us know how it works. I was told the extra step in front of that would create too much turbulence at an kind of speed and give bad readings. I mounted mine to the side. image.jpeg

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I actually have 2 transducers because of the sidescanning. The port side transducer does all the down imaging, temps and scanning to port. The starboard transducer does just the starboard side scanning. I tried with just one transducer but the keel would block the sidescan and this brand was the only one to offer the splitter for 2 transducers. I had it sidescanning and down imaging up to 40mph with no problems. I can take some video next time I'm out but the boat is still shrinkwrapped........:(

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I actually have 2 transducers because of the sidescanning. The port side transducer does all the down imaging, temps and scanning to port. The starboard transducer does just the starboard side scanning. I tried with just one transducer but the keel would block the sidescan and this brand was the only one to offer the splitter for 2 transducers. I had it sidescanning and down imaging up to 40mph with no problems. I can take some video next time I'm out but the boat is still shrinkwrapped........:(
Cool...I'm just looking for down scanning....so should be fine....

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After drilling my first hole in the boat below the water line, it officially passed the leak test! Haven't been able to get it out on the water yet but I flooded the bilge and not a single drop of water came through. HOORAY for 5200!! :winkingthumbsup"

IMG_4527.JPG

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
After drilling my first hole in the boat below the water line, it officially passed the leak test! Haven't been able to get it out on the water yet but I flooded the bilge and not a single drop of water came through. HOORAY for 5200!! :winkingthumbsup"

View attachment 53607
Pretty slick looking work there. You'll love the results.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got a Simrad G07 with TotalScan this week too. Following. I don't have a flat spot anywhere on the old SX230HO to flush mount compared to the newer boats that would keep the transducer parallel to the water without some sort of angled flush mount bracket. Guess I am stuck using the standard transom mount. Going to have to keep the kids from playing on the swim ladder and accidentally kicking it.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just got a Simrad G07 with TotalScan this week too. Following. I don't have a flat spot anywhere on the old SX230HO to flush mount compared to the newer boats that would keep the transducer parallel to the water without some sort of angled flush mount bracket. Guess I am stuck using the standard transom mount. Going to have to keep the kids from playing on the swim ladder and accidentally kicking it.
The marine grade board I cut out to mount my transducer near the articulated keel can be cut into an angle if you decide to go that way. Trace out the transducer, get your angle, cut it, drill and/or epoxy.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let us know how it works. I was told the extra step in front of that would create too much turbulence at an kind of speed and give bad readings. I mounted mine to the side. View attachment 52255
@subysti howdid your transducer perform in that location?!? im currently having my transducer installed at that same location! can you provide some input as to the functionality of that location?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine worked great there except I needed 2 for the sidescan. I'm looking to replace it this year with a bigger ray marine axiom with 3D.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Luckily mine doesn’t have side scan lol but I’m glad your getting good performance with the transducer in that location . Can’t to get my bost back and get on the water