• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Depth sonar on Scarab 195HO is not working.

Radan602

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The depth sonar on my 2016 Scarab 195HO is showing 4 dashes across my screen. GPS is working fine showing direction and degrees. My grandson likes to push buttons. Could he have hit some comb of swithches to turn it off? Is there a way to reset the sonar? I have tried using the mode and set buttons to get to the display menu but still 4 dashes. The horn is also not working. I also have several of the fuses the ones that look like buttons popped out. Is this normal? This is our first boat and dealer is 8 hours away. I would appreciate anyones help on these issues.

Please post this in the Scarab section as well. You may get more traction there. I'm not familiar with the depth finder since I don't have one nor your fuse types (although I'm pretty sure they should not be popped out if it's the kind I think they are).

Generally speaking, when things aren't working, you need to work on things one at a time. Rule things out. Fuses, connectors, transducer (is it properly installed/glued?). Eventually you identify the culprit. That's what dealers do as well.

@Luc Lafreniere is, of course, exactly correct. I would also recommend the horn be first. That is one of your safety items (unless you are carrying a separate horn). If you get stopped, that is one of the things they will be looking for as a safety signal. Now, you can fill that with any of the other signal devices, but having a functional horn is practical as well for signaling.

Plus, it is probably going to be easier to diagnose than the depth finder.

Start with the easy things that will keep you from getting a ticket, work toward the harder things.

Back