• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Destin, FL

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A friend of mine is letting us use their condo in Destin for July 4th. We'll go down on Tuesday and leave for home on Sunday.

We are debating whether to take boat down. One day we will be at Pensacola but the rest is all beach. So we will have the 4th plus Friday and Saturday on the water.

Any suggestions on ramps from folks from that area? Our location is pinned on this map. The condo has a lot where I can keep it over night.

Also, how soon do you need to flush the engine with Salt Away? Do I need to do it each day or can I wait till the end?

Capture.JPG

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It will be crazy packed here in Destin for July 4th. But the water is outstanding. If you bring your boat, you'll probably want to launch at Joe's Bayou Boat Ramp on Beach Drive. You'll have to pay like $15-20. Get there early. Even waiting til 1030 to launch is pushing it, especially on July 4th. Should be good after that, until Saturday to launch.

As far as flushing, I flush everytime. However, I don't think you would hurt anything by going a couple days without, IF you're using it everyday. Salt Away would certainly help. You can use Salt Away anytime before or after. If it was my boat, I'd at least throw it on the hose real quick right after. Then you could use Salt Away when you get back home.

If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to answer. Just let me know

jason08603

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, we are headed to Destin for the July 4th holiday as well. Any suggestions on where to keep the boat? wife has decided to take the boat at the last minute and we are not sure if the rental house has enough room for it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately @jason08603 I can't think of anywhere. However, I saw in another thread they were mentioning Destin Marina would let you store it. I know they have a fenced in lot with boats on trailers, but I was unaware they rented short term. It's unconfirmed, but Destin Marina is right there near the Destin Bridge.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One of the Marina's had a short term storage calculator for dock and it was around $800 for 6 days. Crazy .

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's a ridiculous price @AlphaKap . But I'm sure someone will pay it and book it. Also, looking at the map of where you are staying, The Islander has a good size parking lot. Hopefully you can slide in over by the tennis courts. We have had yet another busy busy season, but I don't recall their parking lot filling up to the road. If I can think of somewhere else for you guys, I will let you know.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Their page says to park by the tennis courts. Hopefully not an issue with too many boats there.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've got a box anchor and a Danforth anchor one of these good for Sandy gulf shores?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@AlphaKap I had a box anchor (until I had a mishap that was my fault) and that sucker was the best anchor ever. After I lost it, I went with the Danforth. Works perfectly fine.