• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Diameter of the tower tow point

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone by chance know the diameter of the tow point on top of the wakeboard tower on the AR230? I'm designing a support for my tarp to cover the boat and I want to use it as a point of support for the frame. I looked up the part number but it doesn't show any dimensions. I'm using schedule 40 pvc for the frame and need to figure out what size tee will fit over the tow point.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got my cover on the boat so I can't easily access the tow point to measure,

very interested in seeing your support when you get it finished,

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got my cover on the boat so I can't easily access the tow point to measure,

very interested in seeing your support when you get it finished,

Finally got the frame put together, made primarily of 1-1/2" schedule 40 pvc. The tower tow point is ~2.75" diameter so I used 3" to 1-1/2" reducer feeding into a tee to support the pipe running front to back. I'm using a 20'x40' tarp over the frame to protect the boat. We'll see how it holds up over the winter. Cost of all the materials was under $100 and I can take it apart in the Spring when boating season starts.
tarp1.jpgtarp4.jpg
tarp6.jpgtarp8.jpg