• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Did you get your valve clearance checked at each 200 hours?

Did you get your valve clearance checked at each 200 hours?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I broke 200 hours and I see that Yamaha calls to get the valve clearance checked. Have people had this check performed? Did anyone find that they needed an adjustment? How much was the inspection and adjustment?

I'm struggling mentally to take it in because I know I'm just gonna get raked over the coals by the dealer. Potentially for something that doesn't even need adjusting.

1693922579176.png

We had someone ?? impelled ?? maybe, maybe even back on YJB, he followed the instructions and had the dealer check the valves, as I remember they were ok but they screwed up putting it back together and he suffered some other type of damage,

the general consensus after that was do bother if you don't think there's a problem,

I had mine checked at 198 hours at the dealer in Bismarck ND, Valleyly Sport and Marine. The mechanic did excellent work and I was very happy with their work. I think it was $358 to get it done, well worth the money. And the valves were all in spec, and at the rate I’m going I’ll need to do it again next season, just rolled up on 300 hours on my Lake Oahe trip.

I’m perfectly capable of doing a valve lash check with the service manual at hand, but I have the YES warranty and I wanted to make sure that check was made by a dealer. AND, if the valve lash needs to be adjusted, the dealer has the different shims to make the adjustments, AND if anything goes wrong there is their warranty on their work.

Didn’t even know this was a thing.

Back