• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Difference between 2017 vs 2016??

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm wondering what changes/improvements were made to the boats from year to year?

I'm curious if Scarab made any improvements on engine noise from 2016 to 2017. I was looking at boattest.com's db stats on a 2016 yamaha and a 2016 scarab (twin 250's). At 2000rpm they measured a 12db difference. After 2000rpm the difference drops to about 3db.

Basically just wondering what the improvements were from year to year.

Thanks
Scott

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ron@Scarab,

Do you happen to have any information on the year to year changes/improvements?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Scottdip all I can see is they have new colors and they made the Wake Edition tower the standard tower...also I know they added the IST to control the bucket via servos with the digital display which adds neutral adjustment.

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was thinking more of little tweaks. For example, did they add more sound proofing to quiet the engines down? Did they change the material on the seats to resist stains better (not there was a problem)? Did they tweak something in the engines and drive train to help with reliability? Stuff like that.

I own snowmobiles, and they tend to make tweaks from year to year that sometimes don't get talked about but make the sled better.

Maybe it's different with boats...who knows.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
As you see, I ve been looking around for awhile at '16 and '17, but havent seen any big changes. Its only in its second year so I dont see any major changes with execption of the above mentioned. Same ROTAX engines, same seating arrangement, same ballast system, same rear mat, the cockpit mat was changed from the "sponge" looking thing to the Seadeck with the Scarab logo.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One of the changes between the '16 and '17 on the wake tower is they have swapped out the forward tie straps for metal poles.

Walt

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Exactly the kind of information I was looking for!

Thank you.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe they also added push button start as opposed of dual keys....

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
All the 2017 boats have IST standard. For 2016, IST is an option.