• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Differences between 2018 and 2019 Yamaha ar210

Klew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to buy a ar210 and would like to know the changes between the two years. thanks

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was looking at the 2019 (Ended up the the 212x... Don't know how that happened. lol). It appears that there aren't really any notable changes between the "18 and '19 aside from the color. Yamaha goes "full hull color" every other year and '19 is that year. I know that on the "space blue", they carried that color into the cabin with some blue piping. Still has the TR-1 engines and the "woven snap in mat" that they introduced, I believe in 2017. Other than that, take your pick.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does the 2019 have the new reverse buckets?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does the 2019 have the new reverse buckets?
The buckets on my 212x look the same, the difference is the lateral thrusters from the factory.

Klew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
would it be a big benefit to buy the 2019 over the 2018 due to the lateral thrusters??

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No you can purchase a left over 18 and lateral thrusters from jetboatpilot for cheaper I imagine

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No you can purchase a left over 18 and lateral thrusters from jetboatpilot for cheaper I imagine
Correct. Lateral thrusters would run you about $500.

Klew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I have read it sounds like they are well worth the money. What about the thruster fin combo??

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From what I have read it sounds like they are well worth the money. What about the thruster fin combo??
Thrust vectors are for forward movement. Lateral thrusters are for reverse.

Klew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never owned a jet boat, have owned a crownline for past 15 years. Is it a good idea to install both. thanks for your help.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As noted here and in many other threads, it comes down to personal preference. I put the Lateral Thrusters on after my first outing, and wouldn't own a pre-2019 Yamaha jet boat without a set. Particularly once you learn how to maneuver the boat by operating the throttles independently from each other, the Lateral Thrusters make a huge difference in precise maneuvering in reverse.

As far as the Thrust Vectors, I spent a few outings with only the Lateral Thrusters and then added the TV's. It makes a significant difference in maintaining steady low speed steering in both directions. The bow doesn't wander at no wake speed nearly to the extent it did before the TV's, and it backs much straighter and more positively with them.

Again, personal preference. If water sports are in your future, you might wait until Thrust Vector Wake models are released before buying the Thrust Vector XV.

Jeff

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wouldn’t let reverse steering thruster# sway me one way or the other in regards to choosing a 2018 vs 19.

Once you get used to the whole no transmission idea and that you can switch from forward to reverse without a loud clunk/screeching of gears as often and quickly as you want you may find you don’t need anything extra.

I’ve never felt the need to add any “enhancement” to the stock setup.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once you get used to the whole no transmission idea and that you can switch from forward to reverse without a loud clunk/screeching of gears as often and quickly as you want you may find you don’t need anything extra.
That^^^^ is a huge difference from traditinally propelled boats!
It takes some getting used to but can be used to your huge advantage, particularly in combination with the TDE (thrust directional enhancement?) - the "no wake" settings (you can toggle between forward and reverse without leaving "no wake"/TDE.

--