• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Digital ride modes

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello,

When I hit the mode button on my Scarab, it only cycles through docking mode and cruise mode. No Eco mode or ski mode shows up? Any thoughts on why this could be? Thanks!

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Was thinking the same thing, just didn't want to call him out personally lol

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well if I have it right, I believe all the modes were part of the digital ride management system which I was told the boat did have. I do have docking mode which is part of it. I don't think you could just have docking mode and not the others.... Ski Eco. Etc. someone please chime in if I have this wrong.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jet16 eco mode is one of the options. Ski mode should be in there as well. The selection might not be active. Your dealer could make those options active by using their BRP laptop or you can find someone with a CANDOO system. But it should show up by clicking "mode"

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks ScarabMike,

I just assumed they would all be active since I do have docking mode show up. Thought they were all active together. Quick question, my dealer is 3 1/2 hrs away, could an authorized seadoo dealer activate these modes? Wasn't sure if it was entirely the same system or not? Thanks.

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello,

When I hit the mode button on my Scarab, it only cycles through docking mode and cruise mode. No Eco mode or ski mode shows up? Any thoughts on why this could be? Thanks!
Hello Jet16, how'd you make out? I too only have Docking Mode and Cruise Mode available as choices. I know my boat was only optioned with Cruise and not the others, so I was surprised to see Docking Mode as an option and just figured it was just a fluke. If Ski Mode and Eco mode are really there too, but just need enabling, that's pretty cool...

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey JusFlyinBy,

Well my dealer assured me that my boat does have the digital ride management system. That being said, he was not sure how to unlock the other modes. He has a call in to BRP to try and find out so I will update as soon as I hear back!

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Cs419,
Well my dealer got back to me and told me that I would need to bring the boat in to them so they could hook it up to their computer and unlock the other modes. Seeing as how the dealer is 4 hrs away, I am just going to wait till the end of the season and have them do it while they service it and winterize for me.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So can the Digital speed controls be added to a boat that had none to begin with or would that be a "big" deal. Mine has none as it sits right now.

I have a Candoo ordered to help me with some troubleshooting (And I like to tinker with everything).....Guess it wouldn't be THAT easy would it?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Cruise & Docking modes are part of the same package. Ski & ECO modes come in the full digital ride management package.
I doubt the CANDOO or Rotax dealer diagnostic tool can open up the modes.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 165 HO, and when I purchased it had none of the options. Candoo pro would not unlock any of the option. I had to have the cluster replaced and the dealer replaced it and now I have it all. So that being said I don't know where it is but there is two options in clusters. Just my two cents.

WATERMULLEN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just picked up my Scarab195 HO Impulse this week and I'm having the same issue. I have regular and Eco Mode only, but nothing else. So it sounds like I should actually have the full Digital Speed control package if Eco Mode is active; I'll just have to get the dealer to open up the rest?

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just picked up my Scarab195 HO Impulse this week and I'm having the same issue. I have regular and Eco Mode only, but nothing else. So it sounds like I should actually have the full Digital Speed control package if Eco Mode is active; I'll just have to get the dealer to open up the rest?
I have a 2014 and all options are available.

I can see on the parking slip from RBH that Digital Speed Control is an option, Maybe they have Eco Mode standard and docking + ski modes in options?

// Just noticed that JetTech72 wrote the same à couple days ago.

WATERMULLEN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Yan Masse. It was actually JetTech72's message that made me think I must have more options because he noted that Ski and Eco modes come on the full package. So if I have Eco, I'm just assuming I must have Ski and likely the others as well. I'm a long way from a dealer so I'll try to check it out sometime and report back.

Jbirdgoodpaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hey Cs419,
Well my dealer got back to me and told me that I would need to bring the boat in to them so they could hook it up to their computer and unlock the other modes. Seeing as how the dealer is 4 hrs away, I am just going to wait till the end of the season and have them do it while they service it and winterize for me.
So was the dealer able to unlock the ski and eco modes for you?