• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DIN bluetooth stereo suggestions wanted.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About 6 yrs ago I installed a pioneer head unit, it did not have bluetooth, I suppose I did not foresee just how much we would use that feature....Ran it off a headphone jack, or a memory stick... or the cd.

I'm looking to replace. Here's my notes.

-no cd, just bluetooth, maybe satellite... not sure.
-needs 2 preamp channels. (im running a 4 channel JBL. powering pair of coax kickers, and bridged sub.
-need decent amplified speaker output, for two non amplified Kenwood in the bow. (20 rms/100 max) Have a switch to shut off amp, run these only at quieter times...
-id like a remote, leave by the helm, so no reach for the glove box for volume.
-Don't care if its marine. Boat stays indoors, stereo is in the glove box. Current head unit is not marine.
-Budget is ever-important but not the end-all.

$100-120?

thanks in advance. just keeping busy with whats going on.... :)

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this one looks good....

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This has been working in my boat for a couple of years now, so it has surpassed most decks already.

@Peelz beat me to it.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This has been working in my boat for a couple of years now, so it has surpassed most decks already.

@Peelz beat me to it.
lol thanks! I dig it. looks like it ticks all the boxes.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does loose the BT memory if the stand by/memory wire is not connected. If I had an improvement to this deck it would be that it remembered the Bluetooth device pairing to save me 30 seconds every time I used it.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does loose the BT memory if the stand by/memory wire is not connected. If I had an improvement to this deck it would be that it remembered the Bluetooth device pairing to save me 30 seconds every time I used it.
I have that issue with mine losing settings, only because I remove my battery for the winter....... but its only a hassle once a year to reset it up. I shouldnt have that issue with bluetooth..if i leave it powered.

thanks again.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not really on the cheaper end, but I will never have anything in any boat other than Fusion. Even if it has to be one of their least expensive units. They simply last. On my last boat I went through 3 wired remotes on my stern within 2 years. Switched to Fusion and it was still working when I sold the boat (4 seasons later).

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do love my Fusion. You need an adapter to make it a DIN, but they are very solid. Mine doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of some, but it just works and works well.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I do love my Fusion. You need an adapter to make it a DIN, but they are very solid. Mine doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of some, but it just works and works well.
They do offer DIN sized units though

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just upgraded from the oem h2o marine head unit to a fusion unit and even though I haven’t used it on the water yet I’m sure that I will never buy another brand. The quality is great, all of the features work and at easy to use. If you can increase your budget by $60 I recommend that you consider Fusion’s Ms-ra55 head unit. The head unit is available on Amazon for $180. Crutchfield is out of stock but I included a link to the specs. You may be able to find a nice used one from someone upgrading to a higher model or different brand.

(No cd/dvd, built in Bluetooth, 2 zones, 4 channels (25w rms/45w peak)

For another $50 you can buy a wireless remote (need to check comparability). I got two and they work perfectly.

Good luck with whatever you go with.
A58DB6F0-D692-46E2-8EF7-3CCD6AF67B83.png

Last edited:

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just installed a fusion MS-RA70 which was (supposed to be) DIN sized (but not really). Was about 3/4 inch smaller than the JBL stock radio I removed in length so had to modify a plate out of starboard to install. Not complicated or expensive but was a bit frustrated as I thought I bought an easy (easier) swap head unit

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks guys!

looked into it all... fusion head units are good, iv'e checked it out before....it would bug me to pay more and still have to modify. (I didnt catch they made adapters, i might have looked closer.. but.. the din spot is in tight quarters in the glove box. We put alot in there when we go. so I didnt want to mess with it.

Finally... just went with that Sony. from Crutchfield. The power outputs and features match what I have and what is needed. Its Similar in design and function, likely better quality. And with Very little modification... plus Had a discount offer....

thanks again everyone! This is still one of the better boating communities, and I still dont even have a jet. lol

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
also related question for fellow northern boaters.

anyone else do satellite radio? We have satellite in our cars... but im not paying a full year for 3-4 months of use.

does a shorter term/recurring sub exist?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How far off cell phone signal do you boat most of the time? Spotify is a very good alternative if you are within data on your phone.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How far off cell phone signal do you boat most of the time? Spotify is a very good alternative if you are within data on your phone.
We use Apple Music almost exclusively, unless we are in a remote lake, or part of it with low reception... then FM.... Use Satellite in the car most times now.

tried spotify, but their banking didnt jive with mine, and blipped the threat alert, shutting down my account the two months I tried trials... never really figured out why. But Beats was released around the same time, my wife tried that, and it ultimately becoming apple music. we followed. Its a one stop shop now, so to speak.

Not necessarily a huge fan of it, or apple, but it functions seamlessly. $14.99 for 4 of us to use it. Plus my mom, who is also on our account.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone ever used this? Particularly on an older boat? Worried about the curvature where the stock on is currently.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had satellite radio on my boat for 1 season and it sucked. If you boat on a river like I do, the hills on either side of the river seemed to block the signal. If I want to listen to satellite radio I just stream if from my phone since I have the all access package. They do offer a 6 month package with auto renewal and that's what I did originally, but it sucks when you forget to cancel your subscription and they charge you again. I was able to get the renewal cancelled but it was a pain trying to explain that I only use my boat 5 months out of the year to someone who doesn't speak English.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone ever used this? Particularly on an older boat? Worried about the curvature where the stock on is currently.
Had that unit on the stern of my 2010 AR 240. No issues.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Had that unit on the stern of my 2010 AR 240. No issues.
Good to know. Upgrading my radio is on the "list". However, it's against all kinds of competing priorities right now. LOL! My garage and yard is eating up all my "toy" budget. Dammit!