• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Disappearing Island

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I take my boat a lot of places in Florida. We frequent the Butler Chain of lakes, lake Brantley, Conway chain of lakes, Disappearing island (go here the most), Ft Pierce "the cove" and Destin Florida's "Crab Island". We are always looking for new places and want to try Peanut Island this year.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like fun!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have been to the cove.....my brother has a place on the intercoastal very near to it. Where is disappearing island?

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been to the cove.....my brother has a place on the intercoastal very near to it. Where is disappearing island?
Disappearing Island is in Ponce Inlet up by New Smyrna Beach. During high tide there isn't much of an island but when low tide comes in you get a pretty nice party place.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What a coinsidence. My In-Laws own a home right on the inlet. Literally can see the island from the house. Unfortunately I live in Ohio and don't know if I'll ever trailer the boat that far... Bummer...

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Troy, where do you launch your boat at the butler chain of lakes? We typically stay on the winter haven chain, but like to venture out. Heading to the Clermont chain soon.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Troy, where do you launch your boat at the butler chain of lakes? We typically stay on the winter haven chain, but like to venture out. Heading to the Clermont chain soon.
Lake Palmer is accessible for $5/day or $150/year at the R.D. Keene Park and Boat Ramp on 10900 Chase Road. There is a paved double-lane ramp at the R.D. Keene Park, where you will also find a playground and multiple soccer fields. There is also good parking for your truck and trailer.

The Butler Chain of lakes has gained notoriety in recent years through high-profile residents who call Windermere their home. Shaquille O'Neil, Ken Griffey, Jr., Tiger Woods, Wesley Snipes, Planet Hollywood CEO Robert Earl, and Mark O'Meara are among many of the celebrities who enjoy this area's magnificent lakefront views from their back yards.

As you go thru the channel from Lake Louise to Lake Butler look to the right and the big house with the blue roof is Shaq's. He usually has a life size superman statue on the dock.

On Lake Butler there is an island called Bird Island that a lot of people hang-out on. Listen to music and drink.

Hope this helps.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_2939.JPG

A pic from Disappearing Island
IMG_2940.jpg
One of the best parts about owning a yammi is the ability to back it in.

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I get alot of funny looks when i back into a beach on the river. I have never come across another yammie on the Suwannee River

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I take my boat a lot of places in Florida. We frequent the Butler Chain of lakes, lake Brantley, Conway chain of lakes, Disappearing island (go here the most), Ft Pierce "the cove" and Destin Florida's "Crab Island". We are always looking for new places and want to try Peanut Island this year.
What boat ramp you used ? Im from St Augustine!
thanks,
V/R
David Rod