• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Diy Ballast Upgrades

Alter_NATION

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Had a quick question....anyone try adding more ballast to their 2019 212x or similar boat? I really don't want to sacrifice my swim deck and would much rather add some weight else where if possible. Anyone try this kinda project? Possibly some additional weight in the rear somewhere out the way, Storage compartments, etc.? Extra water bags, steel shot? All thoughts and ideas are welcome! The boat does well for my family of surfers but would like to get a tad bit more if possible! Thanks 👍

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a quick question....anyone try adding more ballast to their 2019 212x or similar boat? I really don't want to sacrifice my swim deck and would much rather add some weight else where if possible. Anyone try this kinda project? Possibly some additional weight in the rear somewhere out the way, Storage compartments, etc.? Extra water bags, steel shot? All thoughts and ideas are welcome! The boat does well for my family of surfers but would like to get a tad bit more if possible! Thanks 👍
Possibly a bit of fantasy engineering here … but …Not sure where the built in ballast is on the 212x, but under the swim deck behind the aft compartment walls is a bit of space on my boat. Maybe enough for 3-500 lbs of some kind of customized ballast. Although it may not be reinforced enough to hold the weight.

Onserve212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve learned a lot from being on this forum and found adding the custom 750lbs ballast on the rear platform is the easiest. When you are done surfing just store the fatsac in the center locker. This keeps your boat light from not having to store lead. The additional 150lbs fatsac is used when it’s just my pretty lady and me on the water. Here‘s a video that shows how we made surfing easy. We have been doing this setup for two years. 212X with Rear Ballast
F9281D4F-4CFF-4453-8EBD-7B4BEA77F604.jpeg