• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

SOLD DJI Phantom 3 Professional Drone for sale

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have more toys than time, so this one needs to go. Phantom 3 Professional with 4K Camera, extra battery, extra professional charger (faster charge times), extra modded controller (stock is included too so two controllers total) and waterproof hard case.

I had dreams of having this chase my boat, or even taking it on the boat once (hence the waterproof case) but that just never panned out. I have too many kids to carry. I have two batteries, but I've flown it less than ten times and never once had enough time to even run through both batteries in an outing.

It is in excellent condition, sans a little bit of purple Sharpie that was still wet on the case foam while I was cutting it to fit. It doesn't affect operation at all and it is very minor, but I wanted to be sure I mention it. You can see it in the last picture.

I am asking $1250 shipped to the lower 48 (plus a nominal shipping fee if you want the original box).

IMG_9080.JPG IMG_9078.JPG IMG_9082.JPG
IMG_9085.JPG

What does the modded controller do? I was wondering if it would be possible to have one person fly it, while a 2nd person controlled the camera angle/direction....

The modded controller has modified antennas for extended range. It is the left hand controller in the pictures. It is more directional antenna that some people have gotten miles of range out of. I chickened out at about 6600' and brought it back.

You cannot use two controllers at the same time on the Phantom. You can on the Inspire, but that's just a little bit more expensive. :D

That is a good deal (as you must know, a standalone controller retails for $500+). You may do better splitting it and the additional charger off from the phantom system with an extra battery. Lots of guys buying and selling at phantom pilots .com or .net .

Anyway, it's a good deal as is, sorry you didn't get into it but know what you mean. Good luck with the sale or sales, whatever the case maybe.

Thanks Ronnie. I have it posted there as well and will probably end up splitting it up.

I really wanted to get into it, I just don't have time as a father of three small children.

What would this cost if purchased new?

How old is all of this gear?

I did a spot check at helicopter world where I buy most of my dji products, a little over $2,300 before taxes.

PM Sent....DROOL

What would this cost if purchased new?

How old is all of this gear?

First, thanks Ronnie for answering the first question. Second, I bought this gear in August. I started with a Phantom 2 and put together FPV and all the trimmings but it never compared to the Phantom 3, so I bought two used ones. This particular one had a single charge on it, the second one had approximately 10 charges. I then took the second one with 10 charges, parted it out and kept the battery, charger, and second controller because I knew I wanted to mod it. One battery has 7 charges on it, the other has 17. I have used it less than 10 times and many of the charges are from me charging both batteries, and then not having time to use them. As I said, I never once had the time to run through two charges in one outing.

And, last but not least, sale pending!

Last edited:
You guys should enjoy this. My father is out of state and wanted to look at a foreclosure, so I took the drone over there. The property is about 8 acres and on the river. I was pretty impressed with what I could do. It's hard to see but about half of the property is high up, then there is a huge cliff (75' ish) that drops down to the waterfront part. This is the last time I used the drone, and it was almost three months ago.

This is full auto camera settings, and zero editing whatsoever. Sorry it's so long, I never had time to edit it but skip to 3:30 for the water part. ;)

Be sure to adjust the quality to 1080p or higher (I shot it in 4K).

@Big Shasta
We'll be waiting for some amazing shots of Shell Island:-)

I am really kicking myself.......why must I over analyze stuff? :(

What river and how much did that property go for?

Man this thing is AWESOME. Thanks @captainhook

I still have a lot of learning to do on the features but it was 60degrees outside Baltimore yesterday, I had to try it out.

DJI_0007.JPG

Wow, I just watched the video you shot @captainhook . Are those things that stable, that it just maintains position and allows you to move the camera around like the video appeared? If there was wind, would it drift or stay where you stopped it? When I read that you only went out 6600', I was sure hoping it was "out" 6600' and not "UP" 6600'!!! My fear is that I hit one of these things doing 250KTS. I don't even want to print what I think the damage could be. Some of the motorhome group are getting interested and one already has a DJ of some model. They are wanting to fly them in places they RV...like parks and places of beauty. I hesitate contributing to the conversations because I don't know the rules, but what bothers me, is that they are flown and not everyone flying them know the rules either! Thanks for posting the video, that is certainly cool and I had no idea how stable they were. If I had not had to edit and do anything with video except save and play or upload to YouTube, I would still have my GoPro! Good luck with that machine Ken, I am looking forward to more video, outside the flight patterns!

Wow, I just watched the video you shot @captainhook . Are those things that stable, that it just maintains position and allows you to move the camera around like the video appeared? If there was wind, would it drift or stay where you stopped it? When I read that you only went out 6600', I was sure hoping it was "out" 6600' and not "UP" 6600'!!! My fear is that I hit one of these things doing 250KTS. I don't even want to print what I think the damage could be. Some of the motorhome group are getting interested and one already has a DJ of some model. They are wanting to fly them in places they RV...like parks and places of beauty. I hesitate contributing to the conversations because I don't know the rules, but what bothers me, is that they are flown and not everyone flying them know the rules either! Thanks for posting the video, that is certainly cool and I had no idea how stable they were. If I had not had to edit and do anything with video except save and play or upload to YouTube, I would still have my GoPro! Good luck with that machine Ken, I am looking forward to more video, outside the flight patterns!
I'm with you Mel. If people were more educated about the rules, then we wouldn't have the damn registration requirement.

The display reads out Altitude and Distance from you so that 6600' could have been away, not up. Cool thing about the DJI ...because it's GPS based, the system limits altitude based on location. (maybe it can be overridden) The buddy that went with me on Saturday told me that. We went out of town to the Baltimore industrial park but were still in the flight pattern for BWI. (planes were taking off about 1500' over us). I was told by the system that I was at Max altitude at 150'. Pretty cool that it doesn't let me screw up. I went was off to the side away from the pattern and I was able to hit 250' . I hadn't heard of these GPS based limits but it's pretty cool.

It is INSANE stable ...I was flying in ~10kt gusts and it held position really well. Let go of all controls and it just sits where you left it. move the camera around and it's really smooth....even for this newb. Here's a short clip from my first flight. The quality got dropped a little though.

Back