• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do Dolphins like Jet Boats?

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We got chased by a couple Dolphins for about 5-10 minutes in the Cape Canaveral intercoastal. They followed us and were hopping out of the water just off the rear of the swim platform on both sides. Got to get really close! Pretty cool.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont think that has been documented before, but I can testify that they like to go underneath a skis. At least the ones living on Shell Island by Panama City beach. They seemed to mind their business and completely ignored us. They did get close and we were not there and even swim underneath a couple of times. I freaked out that I might bump to them despite me being 1 or 2 mph.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that appears to be the case. During our 2016 trip to Bimini @Bruce family and ours were greeted by a group of dolphins to a prolonged play session, it was magical. My kids have been talking about this for years.

--

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've seen them too in Sanibel.
Theres a jet boat tour that has them right in their pump wash/wake.

Last edited:

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This has been our experience as well. I've seen them before on prop driven boats, but they seem to get a lot closer to the jet boats. Seems like everytime we get out in the ocean we see a pod or two. And they stay a lot longer, too.