• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do these boats have fuel filters?

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was about to pour the remainder of a bottle of fuel stabilizer into my tank and when tipping the bottle I saw something fall into the tank. I have no idea what it could have been other than a small piece of foil or plastic from the bottle. Should I try to siphon it out, or is there some type of fuel filter that would catch it down the line? I have my boat out of the water and really won’t be running it until the next boating season.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no "fuel filter" but there should be some sort of screen pickup in the tank.
Its part of the fuel pump assembly. Its not replaceable

AceBrown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So Yamaha 242 E-Series Jet Boats have no fuel filters? How do they not have them and or water/fuel separators?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think they have a water/fuel separator. But they do have fuel filters. One is at the bottom of the fuel pump (in the tank). There is another one on the end of the line going to the tank (all that according to the maintenance manual).

AceBrown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for info! Do they need to be changed at 100 hour service?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think so, but the site for the manual seems to be down right now...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not listed on the maintenance schedule, so I think no. Unless you have some particular problem...