• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you carry a firearm aboard your boat?

Do you carry a firearm aboard your boat?

• Are you kidding? I never leave home without one!

Votes: 88 38.3%
  • Sometimes, depending on where I am boating

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • I do occasionally but its not something I usually think about

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • I would but I do not have a concealed carry permit

Votes: 27 11.7%
  • NEVER! I would never own, much less carry, a gun

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • OTHER (explain below)

Votes: 38 16.5%

• Total voters

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have seen the "show off your guns" thread and decided we needed a vote on how many forum members carry aboard their boat. I can see a firearm brand poll following shortly. [flag]:winkingthumbsup"

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember reading a rule somewhere about no firearms on the lake, federal I think...I need to look it up again.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, army corps law over GA State law even if you have a cc permit

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I wasn't in the People's Republic of NJ, I likely would. I've never felt the need to have one while boating... but you never know. I'll just have to beat someone to death with my boat hook.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No need for me. Last time i was at the river everyone looked at me like i was crazy that i didn't have a gun on me, or in my vehicle. Arizona doesn't mess around.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I proudly practice the second amendment but I have never felt the need on the boat. Plus responsibility with alcohol. In my mind there are there other risks to safety that I would rather focus on while out on the boat. Nothing against those that choose to though.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The only times I have ever needed a firearm has been for work and on a boat (knock on wood). Then again, I've been fishing in some place where a radio and a cell phone were of no use. Thankfully, I've always had plan B

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have wondered this as well. We had one situation where it "might" have been nice to have in case the scenario couldn't have been de-escalated. I don't see something like that happening again though. Another thing to factor is we sometimes have kids on board, and there is really no place to keep it safe and secure.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, between salt and beer it’s nothing I need to deal with.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it were that type of party boating, then the need to bring one would spoil it for me. Love being able to get away from BS when boating.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a PA resident. PA is somewhat gun friendly. We boat on the Delaware River, and unfortunately, most of our destinations are in the Communist State of NJ. Dropping anchor, while armed is legal, but tying a line to anything on NJ land, then makes it illegal. Sadly, even each hollow point bullet carries a $1000 fine, so I only carry when we know we have absolutely no plans to go to NJ.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll echo @veedubtek , beer or a cocktail is typically present, furthermore, Our lake in NC is considered a game land, "managed" by Duke-power. Game lands are a wide variance in laws/rules based on criteria I haven't figured out yet. Our game lands have a no concealed carry rider to it. the enforcement of it I've seen overlooked .

If I was to spend a few days boating the seacoast or similar I'd probably pack something somewhere.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hangin' at the local sand bar with friends no.

Going anywhere even remotely considered "offshore", (hypothetically) if i owned any firearms... absolutely ! multiple firearms !

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I live in Canada. Guns are....different...up here.

Some of us own them, but we do not have the same Right to Keep and Bear that you guys have down south.

The boat is mostly on my lake, and has been (a couple of times) on the Halifax Harbour. At no time have I felt a need to be armed. That said, I would be more likely to roll my cannon onboard than a handgun....taking a handgun out of my home for any purpose other than going to a gunshow, a range, a gun smith, or the cop-shop is bad-juju in Canada. Big no-no.

Although, I have considered a pintle mount for my 1919A4 (Semi) which actually IS legal in Canada.

Attachments

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've never felt the need but even if I did, I live in NY. So, no...

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah, the day I feel the need to be armed while boating is the day I stop boating at that location. I do exercise my 2nd Amendment rights on land on a regular basis, though.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@NavyShooter What size shot does that fire? I know its not a carronade, but I bet you could do some serious damage if you could load iron grapeshot.
20180416_225905.jpg
Nice Browning too!

Last edited: