• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dock Line Setup?

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wanted to get some comments of this dock line setup. This is temporary as these are 8ft whips and I need at least 12ft. But I think that I will end up with something like this.

With the Sport whips can be a pain as they hit the T-Top but I think I can deal with it as I get better at docking.

How are you lake guys setting up your lines for easy launch and dock?

I was also thinking of going with Wake Watchers

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like you got the idea but that black line to the tower concerns me. The t-top is not constructed well enough to be running spring lines off of it. Actually, you have stumped me as to weather spring lines are used in the whip mooring setup. Bottom line, get longer whips, get rid of the black line to the t-top, and use the black lines as spring lines. Run from your rear boat cleat to the front dock cleat and the front boat cleat to the rear dock cleat. Spring lines keep you from drifting fore and aft.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Run from your rear boat cleat to the front dock cleat and the front boat cleat to the rear dock cleat. Spring lines keep you from drifting fore and aft.
Thanks for the reply. Heading back up this weekend and will look to adjust. Having said that two guys on the lake are using Wake Watchers and that setup would remove the whips hitting the T-Top. Might end up being a cleaner setup.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Relatives just bought a house on the lake with a dock. I'm thinking Wake Watchers so far to protect my baby when I visit or stay over...aluminum dock with steel vertical poles....just saying it makes me cringe of gel coat scratches.. Anyone have any experience with Wake Watchers?
Wake Watcher
Happy Boating!

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I switched to a wake watcher setup the next year for a few reasons. The main one was the tower would hit the poles.
I used some climbing gear to make a simple clean two attachment point setup. With this setup I have only have to push thru the smalle line into the cleats and have all other lines secured. Very fast and solid.

IMG_20190818_090607.jpgIMG_20190818_090635.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is no tide you do not need spring lines. Just a line on the bow in the Stern so you can pull a boat in to get on it. If you put the stern line a little behind the boat and the bow line a little in front of the boat you could get away with the small whips. They will never hit the T top because the boat won’t go forward or back where they could touch it.