• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dock system opinions needed. . . .

Which Dock system do you prefer?

• Total voters

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So with the purchase of the new 2014 AR240HO. . . . we are in need of a new dock system to accommodate it adequately.

I am leaning towards EZ-Dock due to the sheer amount of accessories available. . . . but the cost on the Big-Dock is also quite enticing.

I am looking for your opinion on these based on any personal/relevant experience

EZ-Dock

http://www.ez-dock.com

Big-Dock
http://www.big-docks.com/#!residential-floating-boat-dock/c20x9

Poly-Dock
http://shoremaster.com/product/rhinodock/

Wave Armor
http://www.wavearmor.net

Connect a Dock (use Other and Comment)
http://www.floatingdocks.net/index.htm

Our situation is as follows, our Lake house is on a reservoir with significant fluctuation that can go +/- 15 vertical feet per season. We are on a rocky shoreline the has a steep drop off so setting posts is out.

Our only option seems to be to connect the dock to a shoreline abutmant and anchor it with lines off shore (as outlined in the plans below) or potentially tie them back to shore.

Since most of us are picture whores when being asked for an opinion I have included some that show the current state of the shoreline as well as the preliminary design.
IMG_1919.jpegIMG_1920.jpeg IMG_1921.jpeg IMG_1922.jpeg IMG_1925.jpeg Untitled.png

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ROTFLMAO. . . . I saw that too.

Floating lift is a nice idea. . . But what goes in, must come out at the end of the season. That, combined with the need for $10K in docks and the $50K dropped on the new boat with taxes means you'll have to hold that thought til next year = )

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@0627Devildog ... Just to understand, you can't leave the dock in the lake all year??

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope. The ice gets up to 12-18 inches thick and moves as the water is drained. Anything left in the water gets torn to shreds Glacier style.

Last edited:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Didn't even think about the ice factor...in that case, I would use a gigantic tractor tire! Not only would it be a cheap way to go but just think of the workout you would get moving that bad boy up and down the bank!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The point of this oasis is to relax. . . Not workout. Shorehauling this stuff is a real PITA.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just messin' with you...I think the EZ dock would be my choice just for the simple set up and take down.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just messin' with you...I think the EZ dock would be my choice just for the simple set up and take down.
Don't think for a second that I didn't know that. . . . especially after the compolysis thread.

While I am certainly leaning in that direction. . . the Big-Docks smaller profile and modular design is not only cheaper, but appears that it may be easier to shore haul.

My concern there is they literally incorporated this year, and don't know how to check their site for grammatical errors.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha, actually I have seen that one. . . I just forgot to list it. I edited my comments to include it and asked those who chose it to vote "other" and comment.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Either way you go here will probably be a chore in the spring and fall. All I have to worry about is the lake dropping or raising too fast. Once, actually twice, the lake came up 10 feet over a two day period. Normal lake level is 917 feet above sea level and that year we got to 933!! It was splashing over the dam. I was one of the only ones in our cove that was able to even use a dock. Mine is just a two slip, private dock and is very easy to move.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
001.JPG 001.JPG

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish my shoreline was that gradual. . . . Its like a 14/12 pitch and ALL rocks.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's tough... good luck with your decision and the new ride!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. . . . . Luckily I have some time before taking delivery of the new ride so there is time to decide.

JM

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ps... if you feel like a road trip Table Rock isn't frozen but the beer is cold!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My situation is different than yours. Our private enterprise-controlled lake is a "pump-back reservoir.' That'll give ya something to Google, for a change. The "PBR," I mean. Private Enterprise = Georgia Power, part of the Southern Companies (NYSE).
And thusly, we are extremely Blessed, in that we have FIXED docks systems (ie, not floating ones).
So, we use Lift, and Boat Covers, by ShoreMaster, America's #1 vertical Lift manufacturer. We love the QUALITY they design and build into their products.
We have purchased, ad use, ShoreMaster Products, for both of our boats, and both of our beloved SeaDoo jet skiis.
Best Wishes to all, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3 votes? C'mon. . . . .there is usually never an opinion shortage on here ;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length