• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Docking/wet slip/ mooring

Steen1717

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
for the past 2 seasons we have had a single covered slip, this year we waited to long and now have a double non covered slip. My concern is the boat banging against the dock or the other boat being that we leave it during the week. Im not allowed to have whips or anything similar. How do you guys keep the boat off the dock and bumpers? I just hate the idea of the boat rubbing those bumpers for 5-6 days till we get back or longer depending on weather.

I wet slip for the season...3 round fenders...spaced about 5 feet apart with horizontally standard fenders dock mounted between them...i like the round ones as they keep the boat a little further from the dock and have minimal contact area with the boat itself.

I have a 28' Covered slip and keep my boat wet all summer as well. There are usually minimal waves and water disruption around marinas and boat slips (covered or non-covered) that will cause the boat to beat and bang against the dock, unless you are close to high traffic areas. I still use 3 of the 18" round buoys you see the larger cruiser boats use to keep it away from the dock rails. The round buoys are larger in circumference than the traditional tube shape buoys and hold the boat further away from the rails. I tie the boat off to the dock in an X formation with the round buoys and it doesn't budge! No worries!

I saw these at the Minneapolis boat show. They looked durable and easy to use. Looks like they would offer great protection.

http://www.bigbumpercompany.com/faq/
All set for wetslipping the Yamaha this summer. But I really like these for the other slip we will be keeping the 91' Beneteau 35s5 we are closing the deal on later next week.

All set for wetslipping the Yamaha this summer. But I really like these for the other slip we will be keeping the 91' Beneteau 35s5 we are closing the deal on later next week.
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who is using these. They seem to offer great protection.

Back