• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Doctors Lake questions

carrie kilbourn pachal

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, all - my first time posting here and first time joining a forum. That's a lot of work for a Sunday. :)

We are considering a job-related relocation to the JAX area from Ann Arbor, MI. We own a 2013 Yamaha SX190 and will be trailering her down with us.

She's always been kept on a hoist on a small, private, all-sports lake (anyone need a new-to-you, used, aluminum hoist, by the way? lol). We're considering dry storage on Doctors Lake, but really just researching all our options at this time.

My question is: what is Doctors Lake like, water conditions, waves, etc.? Would a 19-footer be okay on that water? We don't ski, we don't rip around and piss off fishermen/women, we just explore, float, drink beer and enjoy the sun.

We'll be down there in a month or so for a house-hunting trip but I was wondering if anyone could assist with these questions before then, or offer any advice. Thank you in advance!

Carrie.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard! I don't have any experience with that area, but I'm sure someone else will and will chime in shortly. In the mean time welcome to the forum and good luck with your relocation.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @carrie kilbourn pachal glad that you found us and decided to join. I don't have any local knowledge of that lake either. Sorry about that, but you might be able to check out our members map and see if there's anybody in that area and shoot them a pm. Also, we have a classified section where you could post your boat lift. I hear a lot of guys asking about where to buy one so hopefully somebody's in your area that needs one. Good luck with the move, hope it all works out well for you.

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Not the cleanest lake ever and it's brackish, due to the St John's river feeding into it. Be ready to bolt in the afternoons due to the typical summer thunderstorms. For what you like to do on the water, you'll be fine. There is a lot of exploring to do in that area up and down the St John's river. As long as it's not too windy, you'll be fine. One of our favorite lakes is Kinglsey Lake(Camp Blanding), but you'll need to be military to go there...

I lived in Orange Park for 8 years while stationed at NAS Jacksonville, so let me know if you have any questions on the area.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi Carrie,
Sorry I'm late to the discussion but I just saw your post. By now you've visited. Doctor's Lake = calm waters. Jet over to Black Creek and it's twisty turns with a few places to stop and hang out. I live across from Doctor's in Fruit Cove. It's a fun area and easy to navigate. Tomorrow I'm fishing up in Nassau near Amelia Island. Maybe some day you can join us on your boat.
Good luck!