• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

does making mods void Yamaha warranty

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
does having a third party or doing it yourself void yamaha warranty I want to add 2nd battery and switch but thinking of doing myself does that void yamaha warranty

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends I think.......and keep in mind this is how I THINK it works, I could be wrong. I suspect boating works like the automotive world. This is to say that the manufacturer has to prove it was a modification you made that directly lead to the failure they are denying. This comes from the Magnusn-Moss act being passed.

SO, if the connext screen dies, and you've replaced the battery, they might have a case since the thing you touched could have directly lead to the failure. However, if your jet nozzle falls off, you're probably still covered since the batteries have nothing to do with the nozzle.

We have a member here who suffered a tower locking failure while underway, it went to court, if I remember right, he's mentioned Yamaha argued that his ballast bags were at partial fault. Of course the court saw that wasn't relevant, but I wouldn't put it past a lawyer to argue the point, it's kinda what they do.

Last edited:

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^x2 ... what he said. By law, the warranty will be voided only if it can be proven that the modification is what caused the failure being claimed.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other