• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dragonfly 5 pro transducer cable splicing?

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im in the process of scoping out the installation of a Raymarine Dragonfly 5 pro and am wondering what everyone is doing with the feeding of the cable into the transom are you drilling a larger hole to fit the power and transducer cable connection through or cutting and splicing the transducer wires and making a smaller hole?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Im in the process of scoping out the installation of a Raymarine Dragonfly 5 pro and am wondering what everyone is doing with the feeding of the cable into the transom are you drilling a larger hole to fit the power and transducer cable connection through or cutting and splicing the transducer wires and making a smaller hole?
I have a Dragonfly 7 Pro that I removed from my last boat. On the install on it I drilled a larger hole to feed everything through. When I traded that boat for my 242 I kept the unit but left the mount on the helm and the transducer. I just recieved my replacement transducer and mount. I've been seriously considering cutting and splicing the cable to keep the hole small. So I'm interested in what others think as well.

Last edited:

ROTD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Dragonfly 7 Pro on my boat the the previous owner @blacksapphirez installed. He ran the cord from the dash to the engine compartment and then cut a small slice in the top of the white main cabin drain tube and out the scupper. He sealed the drain tube slice with some silicon (4200 I believe). Works really well and no drilling through the transom. If I remember, I'll get a picture when I go check on the boat this weekend.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have a Dragonfly 7 Pro on my boat the the previous owner @blacksapphirez installed. He ran the cord from the dash to the engine compartment and then cut a small slice in the top of the white main cabin drain tube and out the scupper. He sealed the drain tube slice with some silicon (4200 I believe). Works really well and no drilling through the transom. If I remember, I'll get a picture when I go check on the boat this weekend.
That sounds like a good idea.