• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dragonfly 7 Pro install 2013 SX240

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Was not going to buy a chartplotter then went to full 7 inch with Navionics... funny how that happened :)

Followed some of the advice given here running the cable through the scupper hose and it is a great idea. NO DRILLING! and popped right out in the engine bay which then I routed to the helm. I cut the scupper drain hose at the rear of the engine in a square and filled it back with 3M 4200. The wire harness is like 2 inches too short. so I had to purchase(on the way) a transducer cable extension. I need 2 inches and they come in 12 feet! whatever. I can tuck the wires away from the floor at least.

For the mounting, I used the Ram mount, at the upper most "flat" area on above the throttle. I pretty much shoved it there ... it does have some limitations on movement however, I don't see myself moving the display in other ways. I pulled the cable behind the gauges. does have some room for the cable to come through so again NO drilling there. When not in use, cable will tuck between the opening "the crack" Don't remind me about the 4th screw...long story :)

Not sure if the transducer mounting is the best place. Since I wanted to run the cable through the scupper, it was the ideal place for me. Didn't want to run cable across the back of the hull and wanted to clear the exhaust.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting.....will be adding my Garmin 43 DV this weekend.....would have never thought about running the cable thru the scupper. I HATE drilling holes...I know if you use the 3M stuff it is OK....just a paranoia I have and will avoid if at all possible :)

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The scupper drain is above the waterline and the hose runs upward. So even if it gets submerged it wont come all the way up to the cockpit. So I think this is a good idea. For me at least :)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After reading this, I got to thinking about the line keeping the one way valve open on the scupper, and was wondering about the ability to keep water out. I will have to look at mine....cant remember exactly where the scupper is on my 2016

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the record, I have REALLY been trying to get @blacksapphirez to drill some holes in the hull, but he keeps finding ways around it. ;) You can actually see my reflection in the background, drilling holes in my boat. Lol :angelic:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez How is your chart plotter holding up? Is this a double RAM / jointed mount or just two RAM mounts that you put together?

Also - do you know if Navionics+ on Dragonfly includes Bimini, or do you need a separate chip?
TIA!

--

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
RAM mount is two separate mounts. It is nice BUT, the plotter is bit heavy so during heavy travels, it tends to droop... so I added a eyelet kind on the side and put a small bungee to hold it UP right.

the Navionics America include bimini, I made sure it did before I purchased it.