• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain Plug Replacement

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone replaced their drain plugs. I dont love the ones that come with the boat. I have seen the ones with the lights in the flange that fit in the same holes but i am not sure i want to attach something that thick to the back of the boat. I have not seen any others which use the same holes.

Thoughts? Because i have nothing better to worry about on a tuesday night....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's not a ton of room where our plugs go. You'll need to find some small LED drain plugs since we have that like 2" area where our plugs are I think. You don't want the LED housing to sit below the running surface, so it will need to be pretty small. Not sure what all is out there but I know if you search "diablo" on here in the Electronics forum you'll find people that use their drain plugs.

IMO if you want bright underwater lights just get some that mount against the transom like the Abyss. Those things looks really bright! More LEDs and brighter than drain plug I think. Nice thread and install of them https://jetboaters.net/threads/abyss-underwater-led-light-install.18407/

Unfortunately this is all the room we have to work with if you want a drain plug light. Personally I'd get bigger/better LEDs to mount on the transom so it would be brighter.

IMG_7646.JPG

Last edited:

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked at mine yesterday and the 2019s actually have a decent amount of room to replace the drains. Pic attached.20190106_120133.jpg

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats what i was thinking of. Of possibly just getting a brass drain assembly. I dont really recall the last time i was out at dark.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I replaced mine with the plastic version below. I like the way it has the extra threads that give it a "hold-open" feature. I might have done the metal version but I didn't find it at the time I replaced mine. I don't need a light ot to run any wires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-OEM-Drain-Plug-Assembly-AR240-AR190-242-LIMITED-S-SX230-F2D-U2280-10-00/142076638668?epid=1530323497&hash=item21146d75cc:g:Be4AAOSw4CFY2Xis:rk:6:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/p/Yamaha-OEM-Drain-Plug-Assembly-F2d-u2280-01-00/1044097936

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea the new hull appears to have done away with the little recessed "step" on the previous hull. As long as the replacement drain plug flange doesn't sit below the hull running surface you could fit whatever you wanted to I suppose. I just would make sure the measurements don't allow the new housing or flange to sit any lower where it would extend below the running surface.