• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DRiVE Review

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I've got 5 hours on my 252SD now and thought I'd post a review of the DRiVE paddles. I can see where Thrust Vectors would be useful in no wake mode. I've gotten used making subtle movements, but my wife (and kids) are all over the place when navigating in the coves or under bridges in no wake.

When I'm docking I'm switching to DRiVE mode though and it is super easy to maneuver for a novice like me. With enough practice, I'm sure I could do really well with the typical dual throttle. I can spin on a dime in the cove by putting one engine in reverse and the other in forward, but it is a lot to work with while docking.

Last week I drove straight to the dock to let my wife off the front, spun it 180°, and backed in to my spot on the dock with ease. It is a great feature for novice jet boaters. Happy with my decision at this point!

8F04DB14-6DFF-4CC7-BE3B-043204C44959.jpeg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Definitely one of the best features of my boat. My marina is tight. Once i pull out of my slip, by the time the back clears the pilings i am almost touching the boat on the other side. I can manage putting a 27’ boat in the slip no problem