• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Driveway Pressure Washing

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Good Morning
Has anyone ever acid washed their driveway to get it super white? I have a 3500psi pressure washer and a big circular surface cleaner attachment and can get the majority of the dirt and grime off the concrete. I was thinking of doing a pre soak muriatic acid/water mix and trying that. I do the drive sidewalk and curb about every three months, but it’s just not as white and nice as I think it could be.

many suggestions on what to use is greatly appreciated.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good Morning
Has anyone ever acid washed their driveway to get it super white? I have a 3500psi pressure washer and a big circular surface cleaner attachment and can get the majority of the dirt and grime off the concrete. I was thinking of doing a pre soak muriatic acid/water mix and trying that. I do the drive sidewalk and curb about every three months, but it’s just not as white and nice as I think it could be.

many suggestions on what to use is greatly appreciated.
Be careful with the acid… Everything I’ve read said it’s a great way to get the driveway clean, just be careful with the strength of the acid. The pressure washer you are using should do a great job as well

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Every 3 months, damn you don't mess around. 😎

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Be careful with the acid… Everything I’ve read said it’s a great way to get the driveway clean, just be careful with the strength of the acid. The pressure washer you are using should do a great job as well
Agreed. My experience tells me a driveway soap is a waste of money as the dirt and grime isn’t so much on the surface as it’s actually stained the concrete. I have seen a 1 part acid to 2 parts water in a watering can and pre soak before pressure washing. Maybe I add a little outdoor bleach to the concoction as well?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Every 3 months, damn you don't mess around. 😎
The HOA likes to remind us when they feel we are ready to do some outdoor cleaning… :rolleyes:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agreed. My experience tells me a driveway soap is a waste of money as the dirt and grime isn’t so much on the surface as it’s actually stained the concrete. I have seen a 1 part acid to 2 parts water in a watering can and pre soak before pressure washing. Maybe I add a little outdoor bleach to the concoction as well?
Be very very very careful about mixing chemicals like acid and bleach together.…or any household cleaners for that matter, my intuition tells me no on mixing those two together, use one or the other with no intermixing. I can’t remember which two chemicals / household cleaners, but mixing them creates phosgene gas which I believe is mustard gas. There was a story just this last year about a cleaning lady who died as the result of mixing household cleaners and inhaling the vapors. I don’t mean to be dramatic…but it is dangerous.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Be very very very careful about mixing chemicals like acid and bleach together.…or any household cleaners for that matter, my intuition tells me no on mixing those two together, use one or the other with no intermixing. I can’t remember which two chemicals / household cleaners, but mixing them creates phosgene gas which I believe is mustard gas. There was a story just this last year about a cleaning lady who died as the result of mixing household cleaners and inhaling the vapors. I don’t mean to be dramatic…but it is dangerous.
Good advice. I will give the acid/water a shot this time and if no success in what I’m looking for, I will do the bleach and water next go around.
I think the chemicals you don’t want to mix together is ammonia and bleach. I believe this was a common cleaning product mixture back in the 50s but could be wrong.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
2 gallons of water to 1/2 gallon of acid.
pre soak the concrete, let sit 15 min.
1 pass with my surface attachment.
EA19F1D8-A7AF-46C0-9C1D-281454880E68.jpeg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Go with Zep toilet bowl cleaner (to get some stick) and mix with muratic acid. 50/50. Be careful with the acid, not good for skin, eyes or lungs. However it is very effective. Note that the muratic acid can etch concrete. This mix I sprayed off after it sat on the gelcoat for about 10mins with pressure washer.

You could also look at oxalic acid which is not as noxious, but you may need more elbow grease.

edit: added photo. Get at Home Depot

Attachments

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Go with Zep toilet bowl cleaner (to get some stick) and mix with muratic acid. 50/50. Be careful with the acid, not good for skin, eyes or lungs. However it is very effective. Note that the muratic acid can etch concrete. This mix I sprayed off after it sat on the gelcoat for about 10mins with pressure washer.

You could also look at oxalic acid which is not as noxious, but you may need more elbow grease.

edit: added photo. Get at Home Depot
Thanks for the info and advice!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you looked into coating your driveway? I don’t know if it is the same as epoxy coating used on a garage floor, but it seems popular in some places in Florida.

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I use a product called 30 Second Cleaner. Spray on with a pressure sprayer and let sit for a few minutes, Then use a pressure washer to rinse off. Way easier than just using the pressure washer. This product is amazing.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No acid needed. Use straight pool chlorine or a 80/20water mix apply with a pump sprayer. Acid is good for rust removal.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As a lung doc, all I can think about is those chemicals aerosolized when you pressure wash and damaging the lungs! Be careful. I'm quite sure there is a safe way to do it

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just seal it with sea n loc you will not find a better sealer i even used it on my summer kitchen SEALER.. dont mind the bike look at the paver it will make the concrete to apear to be wet.

20221105_191205.jpg

Last edited: