• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drown mode Scarab 165 HOI

R502

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is there a preferred method of enabling drown mode on these boats? The throttle lever is interlocked in neutral with the forward/reverse lever, and the ignition key contacts are disabled while the mechanical control is in forward as well. It doesn't seem achievable with the throttle/direction controls.
Everything I read from BRP shows the Seadoo throttle lever enabling drown mode when it is maxed out and you turn the motor over. The Throttle Accelerator Sensor is not accessible from the boat controls to max it out when turning it over either. Since this is an input to the ECM, how does a guy enable drown mode? Am I stuck unplugging the injectors and coils as the only way to turn the motor over without flooding it with fuel or firing the plugs?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You can control the injector operation by using a CandooPro or B.U.D.S. enabled computer.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
And why are you asking this question?

R502

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Would like access to drown mode while performing basic prentative maintanence for winter storage and spring startup.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You can only do it through BUDS system set up for Scarab boats to put it into drowned mode. You will have to take it in to the dealer for that. The cost of winterizing and summer preps is pretty reasonable for the most part. You should call your dealer and see what they charge to avoid the hassle of doing it yourself, unless you like that sort of thing.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I believe when I did mine if you undo the coil packs then it doesnt turn the injectors on because it knows when the coils are not hooked up. I usually have the fuel rail and injectors off the manifold when I squirt storage oil on the valves/intake and I never seen the injectors fire.

Dont hold me to this because it was a few months ago.

R502

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One of the reasons I am interested in enabling drown mode is to pull fogging oil through the valve train and cylinders through the intake with injectors out like you mention. The 2015 BRP 4-tec manual identifies this as the preferred storage method when putting it up for the winter. I will probably use Candoo to shut off the injectors and coils via software and turn it over that way when putting it up next year.