• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual 2.1 amp usb and voltmeter combo (in one cigar lighter sized housing)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found this when shopping for an outlet. BlueFire® 4.2A Dual USB Charger Socket Power Outlet 2.1A & 2.1A with Voltmeter www.amazon.com/dp/B01F3I117E/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_XlgSxbC55P6FY

I had never seen the volmeter built into the same single round housing as two 2.1 amp usb plugs so I got it. Being a connext boat owner with the battery readout issue I connected it to the start battery switch. Very slick unit. The readout is not very bright in the sunlight but still readable and not overpowering at night.

I would post photos but it is raining out right now.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That thing is slick! Thanks for sharing!

Did you verify with a meter for accuracy by chance?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have not verified with a meter yet. I can say that it had a surface charge reading that dropped down after starting the engines. I will check with a meter the next time I take the cover off (hopefully tomorrow before wakeboarding).

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same one, can verify that it reads accurately and that the ports work well. I drilled a hole in the vertical surface perpendicular to the joystick and mounted it there. Works great for charging my phone :)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can confirm what @Derek Fosbury said. Tested 3 different times today at voltages ranging from 12.4 to 14.1 and within 3/100 each time. Given that resoltuion is only in tenths on the gauge and hundreths on my dmm I would say accurate and mathmatically accurate rounding. My hood ornament could care less though.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I showed my wife this and she sounded as concerned as your dog looks. I just tell her we need this or the boat won't run to get what I want....it works thus far.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just add whatever I want. Eventually the wife finds it and asks if that "was always there?". I of course tell her yes. :)

Love the hood ornament @Mainah.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty sure it's getting to the point where if I want to mod something on my boat, I'm first gonna see if @Mainah has done it yet, and if not, I'm gonna ask him what he'd do. And I have no doubt I'd be happy with whatever he said.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran two of these as well. Work perfectly. I have both mine at the helm though. Did not want to have to look around and waste precious calories. Plus in the light of day they are not the brightest things with the covers on, so I wanted them a bit closer for my old eyes.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are cool. They also make a similar one that mounts in a standard rocker switch rectangle hole. I have one on my dash.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just add whatever I want. Eventually the wife finds it and asks if that "was always there?". I of course tell her yes. :)

Love the hood ornament @Mainah.
Holy crap I do the same thing! But she has become wiser and I only get away with it about 50% of the time.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have started selling my wife by telling her I got HER a gift for the boat. So the usb outlet was for her to charge her phone, the cobra fins and fangs are so she can dock the boat easier, ride steady will be so she can maintain speed when driving during water sports and because she wants to surf, the ballast system is because she wants to surf. She is happy with the stereo upgrades as is so the additional upgrades will have to be so she does not even have to pretend to listen to me :winkingthumbsup"

Of course she is not stupid and knows that I want these things too but as long as she can see the benefit to her we are all set.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It would be neat to run one from each battery to have an accurate display of voltage. Maybe power from the battery switch so you can still completely deenrgize the boat.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be neat to run one from each battery to have an accurate display of voltage. Maybe power from the battery switch so you can still completely deenrgize the boat.
I ran my positives from the battery selector, and the grounds directly to the batteries (obviously), that way no parasitic drain and very accurate readings. I also used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KPYRJM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wire, that allowed me a large enough gauge to limit attenuation, but also a super simple cabling run since it's only one item to fish through the boat instead of 4 loose ones. Put these babies in place of the USB units on the dash (the ones to the left of the joystick). Fit perfectly, no additional cutting.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@rsg1963 I assume each is fused also, I only mention because some people will read it later and may not know to run a fuse on them being directly wired to the battery.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963 I assume each is fused also, I only mention because some people will read it later and may not know to run a fuse on them being directly wired to the battery.
Very good point, I forgot how detailed you have to be sometimes. Yes, I have a mini inline 2 amp blade fuse on both + lines. Also ran/gently zip tied the wires along with all the factory looms across the engine compartment to the Starboard side storage area then zip tied neatly behind the dash where moving objects could not affect them.