• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Dual axle trailer. DFW and surrounding areas

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to need a trailer before too long so I thought I’d throw this out there.

If anyone knows of or hears about a trailer that would fit under a 2009 230 in the North Texas/DFW area please share it with me!

Thanks!

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While we are talking him to new trailers, I will buzz in with my $3,300 aluminum one.

Footnote: knowing everything I know today and if i was not planing to use the boat in salt water I would have kept my old trailer. That thing was awesome. The new owner still loves it

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While we are talking him to new trailers, I will buzz in with my $3,300 aluminum one.

Footnote: knowing everything I know today and if i was not planing to use the boat in salt water I would have kept my old trailer. That thing was awesome. The new owner still loves it
I wish I would have jumped on your trailer, I still kick myself for not getting it.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish so too, but o well shit happens.
I found out the same day that you mentioned selling your trailer that we were moving to Italy so I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the boat at the time.
Meh, not the first time, and sure it won’t be the last I pass up a great deal:)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik where did you get your trailer from?

I got a quote from haulrite, they don’t have the specs for the boat but say the bunks are adjustable and will fit no problem. I’m Leary of ordering something like this without seeing it in person first.

This is the stock photo, on their website for what will be built for my boat, will be black instead of white, but I don’t know about thebunk setting, comparing to the original trailer, it seems the middle bunks should be further forward, but maybe it doesn’t matter?

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got mine in NC. @bronze_10 got it from his dealer and although I never saw my new trailer I knew it was going to be identical to his so I was comfortable.

As far as the one you are looking at I am sure the bunks can be adjusted or extended. to Be honest though I am impressed from the picture. Looks like the shore lander is a better quality

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just saw the quote for $2.8k. I paid $3,250 for my aluminum with single axle surge brakes and torsion axles. I say it is worth the extra $500.
as far as the electric brake go, I am bit confused. I paid about $2,000 to buy a 2 axle kit for electric over hydroloc, so $150 sounds a bit low. One think to keep in mind that if the actual brakes are electric that might not be ideal marine environment, especially salt. That being said , would I pay again $2k for brakes. Yes defiantly . My trailer now stops the truck and I feel very confident that if I hit the brakes the whole rig will stop. It is just a differenot world

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just saw the quote for $2.8k. I paid $3,250 for my aluminum with single axle surge brakes and torsion axles. I say it is worth the extra $500.
as far as the electric brake go, I am bit confused. I paid about $2,000 to buy a 2 axle kit for electric over hydroloc, so $150 sounds a bit low. One think to keep in mind that if the actual brakes are electric that might not be ideal marine environment, especially salt. That being said , would I pay again $2k for brakes. Yes defiantly . My trailer now stops the truck and I feel very confident that if I hit the brakes the whole rig will stop. It is just a differenot world
The quote I got from Magnum trailers said they will add elec over hydraulic brakes for $600. But the overall price for the aluminum trailer was $6100 before adding the brakes😳
I’m good with about $4k for an aluminum, but I can’t find any quote close to that. I guess I’m just looking in the wrong places🤷‍♂️

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
McClain Trailers in Houston makes pretty Aluminum Trailers. Might be worth a call. In a similar situation they were too much money for my blood, but very competitive. If are handy and like this type of work, you can wait and hunt for a used galvanized trailer. A full rebuild is less than $800 in parts with new axles,suspension and brake components. If it's in good condition it may not need much. SearchTempest and willingness to drive may be needed.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
McClain Trailers in Houston makes pretty Aluminum Trailers. Might be worth a call. In a similar situation they were too much money for my blood, but very competitive. If are handy and like this type of work, you can wait and hunt for a used galvanized trailer. A full rebuild is less than $800 in parts with new axles,suspension and brake components. If it's in good condition it may not need much. SearchTempest and willingness to drive may be needed.

McClains was quick to send me a quote!
If I could find a used trailer in good structural condition I’d be all over it! I need one before spring so I don’t have much time to wait!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can I ask you how much McClain quoted you?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can I ask you how much McClain quoted you?
Extras are...
$200 for swing tongue
$950 for electric over hydraulic brakes

those were the only extras I asked about.
I won’t have to pay the TTL since I’ll be in OK and OK doesn’t register trailers.
It is a very good price for what I’ve seen so far. A company quoted me a couple hundred more for a steel trailer with spring axles and no LED....

D88D7CA7-5453-48F5-B9CE-8CFAA1AFA903.png

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Extras are...
$200 for swing tongue
$950 for electric over hydraulic brakes

those were the only extras I asked about.
I won’t have to pay the TTL since I’ll be in OK and OK doesn’t register trailers.
It is a very good price for what I’ve seen so far. A company quoted me a couple hundred more for a steel trailer with spring axles and no LED....

View attachment 141481
Also 9-12 week build time, which works out for me since at the 12 week mark I’ll be in SanAntonio for a couple weeks.
If I don’t find something better in the next 2 days, I think I’m going to order it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The quote I got from Magnum trailers said they will add elec over hydraulic brakes for $600. But the overall price for the aluminum trailer was $6100 before adding the brakes😳
I’m good with about $4k for an aluminum, but I can’t find any quote close to that. I guess I’m just looking in the wrong places🤷‍♂️
this is where I got mine. It had pretty much everything you are being quotes for it was like $3,250 or something like that. I can try to find the receipt if you need me to.
As far as your previous quote goes. I will take the $900 for break upgrade and I will make sure they put disks on both axles. The folding tongue is an easy job that you could do half the money and a couple of hours for saw and good drill bit.

jeffrey@collinsboating.com