• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual battery charger.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last nice bit is the through hull AC Plug that you can reach from the dock/lift/trailer. It will test your nerve drilling through the gelcoat.

Just do it!

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm good with the extension cord. I haven't gotten my nerve to do the dual sump pump yet.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last nice bit is the through hull AC Plug that you can reach from the dock/lift/trailer. It will test your nerve drilling through the gelcoat.

Just do it!
I now have through NOCO through hull plugs on both sides of my boat into a Y adaptor because my slip situation changed). For my year removing the tuning fork emblem on each side and placing those there looks factory. I cut access flaps in the mooring cover with a hot knife.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's way different thab what I was thinking. But there is still the drilling of the hole. Like it's been said. Just get over it, if that guy on youtube can do....

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ya, it's a glorified extension cord that stays plugged in, giving you a water resistant outlet on your hull for shore power. It's only purpose is to allow you to plug in without digging under the seats.

And it has a big rubber lip on the outlet in case your first hull cut is slightly messy! HA! Painters masking tape, that's the key.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Drilling the hole is super easy. I'm likely going to have to add another charging port to the other side of the vessel depending on what the marina can give us this summer. Also provides more flexibility with transient slips for overnights we do at other places.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry did not occur to me sooner but Connecting the +12v for the amp distribution block to the existing switched pole on the house battery switch is what I recommend.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I now have through NOCO through hull plugs on both sides of my boat into a Y adaptor because my slip situation changed). For my year removing the tuning fork emblem on each side and placing those there looks factory. I cut access flaps in the mooring cover with a hot knife.
Hey - do you have a link to the Y Adapter you used? Unless my brain is not working, I would need to have two male ends and one female end, but my google-fu is coming up short (and I feel like that is something that might not be sold due to the potential an idiot to plug both ends into a hot source).

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey - do you have a link to the Y Adapter you used? Unless my brain is not working, I would need to have two male ends and one female end, but my google-fu is coming up short (and I feel like that is something that might not be sold due to the potential an idiot to plug both ends into a hot source).
You google fu is just fine as your are correct this is not something that is sold. You can cut the female end off a cord and add a male end create a small double ended male cord. You can buy replacement cord ends at any local hardware store or online. Just make sure to get the hot, neutral and ground leads correct. Swapping neutral and hot may lead to tripping a gfci/afci. Swapping ground for hot could be worse.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You google fu is just fine as your are correct this is not something that is sold. You can cut the female end off a cord and add a male end create a small double ended male cord. You can buy replacement cord ends at any local hardware store or online. Just make sure to get the hot, neutral and ground leads correct. Swapping neutral and hot may lead to tripping a gfci/afci. Swapping ground for hot could be worse.
Thanks!

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2018 242 LSE and want to have a charger on lift and drill through boat for ease. Could you please recommend the charger and possibly link to it? Amazon? Anything you can add as far as installing is appreciated. I’m a noob.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another option is to use a smart battery switch. I have one on my side by side. It charges the main battery until it's charged, then it charges the aux battery. No switching needed. I hook the charger to the main and it turns on and charges all. It's only 150a so not ideal for starting, but your main battery will never drain because you don't have to remember to move switches. I'm doing this on the boat for sure.
WirthCo 20092 Battery Doctor 125... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058SGDFK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another option is to use a smart battery switch. I have one on my side by side. It charges the main battery until it's charged, then it charges the aux battery. No switching needed. I hook the charger to the main and it turns on and charges all. It's only 150a so not ideal for starting, but your main battery will never drain because you don't have to remember to move switches. I'm doing this on the boat for sure.
WirthCo 20092 Battery Doctor 125... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058SGDFK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
So you plug the wirthco into a receptacle, place charge clips onto ‘starter’ battery? That’s it? Just to get started I’d be willing to do that. Seems like that can come in handy for vehicle batteries too.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you plug the wirthco into a receptacle, place charge clips onto ‘starter’ battery? That’s it? Just to get started I’d be willing to do that. Seems like that can come in handy for vehicle batteries too.
Nope. That goes between the main and the aux to replace the 1, 2, both switch. Wire a plug for the charger to the main battery and it will charge that until it's charged, then charge the aux. No switching = nothing to remember. Wire the stereo and amps off the aux and you never have to worry about killing the battery. Add in a low voltage disconnect for about 20 bucks and you have a fullproof system that allows you to listen to music until you run out of battery, with no battery damage and nothing to think about. Also saves money for a dual bank battery charger, but i always set the switch to both and hook up a single charger. Ive used one charger in parallel for multiple vehicles many times, but I've been going towards single charger because I've had a few failures in the chargers. I'm also switching from no name smart chargers to battery tenders (3 or 5a) because i haven't had any of those fail.

ddoll2k9

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cycle Springs in Clearwater installs this on most of their boats. I won't do the thru hull portion as an extension cord works just fine. This is a great two stage tender/charger.

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The thru hull portion is the cheap add on I listed in my previous post. It's a glorified extension cord with a waterproof hull outlet. You can add it to any charger you choose to go with.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score