• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual guide posts (two sets)

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m thinking of installing dual sets of guide posts on my trailer. I’m pretty seasoned at loading/unloading but I’m trying to convince the admiral to help once in a while. She loves to tell me what to do but won’t actually do it herself.

Anyone install dual sets? Does it look ridiculous?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont think I have ever seen any trailers with dual set of guide posts. Where would you install them?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@digitalthug916 Not sure what that would benefit. The front bunks start centering the boat once it is a bit more than half way thru. Is your trailer going in real deep? I have the Admiral now working the truck and trailer, albeit a bit nerve racking. I am hoping, since the season is just starting, that we can go to a not so crowded launch, which most are right now, and I she can practice with truck and trailer as well as slowly driving the boat on the trailer multiple times to get the hang of it.

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m thinking of placing them about 4’ apart fore and aft on the trailer to help line it up. I don’t trust the admiral to drive my truck let alone back a trailer down a ramp. I also don’t trust her to line MY boat up within a 30 degree angle. I’m thinking having 2 sets 4’ apart would help her just idle it on up into position. I think given the challenges of both tasks I can mitigate 1 while the other has no options.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would love to see it😂😂😂, Just got the VeVe's they are sturdy as hell. My wife hit them hard her first try, still got the boat where it needed to go no problem and did not damage the guides. Just had to fix the bracket a little bit

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
was thinking of this the other day. with the hill country our ramps are steeper and i've gone over the centering bunks several times after a long day boating.