• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E-Series Bimini tower tubing diameter? <Flag or rod holder>

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone with an E-Series boat with the new bimini know what size the tubing is on the tower? I am thinking it would be the perfect place to mount some flag poles - one for the American flag, and one Jetboaters.net flag....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
the tower uprights are 7-15/32" and the actual bimini support pipes are 4-1/8".

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just had mine measured for tower speaker clamps and it's just slightly over 2 3/8" and slightly under 2 7/16"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I installed Quick Tek Tower flag holders on my main tower supports, and they claim they fit towers up to 2 7/8". I used the largest size fitting....I am in Dallas but can measure this weekend as the boat is in the driveway.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These measurements are the circumference....and confirm @AndyD diameter measurement for the tower.
Yes sorry, i was using a kit and it had 3 measurements, circ, dia and inside dia...i needed circumference.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can't find any clamp on rod holders that will fit the fat/thick tower arch posts....may have to see if I can put a couple on bimini diameter tubing (1.31") instead.....
Leetackle.com has some that look like they will fit, but they are pricey IMO... I wanted 4 but i dont know if the sea wench will approve of $1,000 for things that she will say make the boat look "stupid" lol.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Leetackle.com has some that look like they will fit, but they are pricey IMO... I wanted 4 but i dont know if the sea wench will approve of $1,000 for things that she will say make the boat look "stupid" lol.
Yeah.....I was looking on Amazon where I can get 5 for $116!

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah.....I was looking on Amazon where I can get 5 for $116!
I probably have the same ones in my cart right now...lmao

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ordered a set of those cheapy ones from amazon , will have them on Monday supposedly; which also happens to be my rotational day off, so I'll let ya know then. I really want em to just hold a few flags so... Might be worth their weight if not for anything else but to hack off the clamps on and use on a flag pole... ;)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ordered a set of those cheapy ones from amazon , will have them on Monday supposedly; which also happens to be my rotational day off, so I'll let ya know then. I really want em to just hold a few flags so... Might be worth their weight if not for anything else but to hack off the clamps on and use on a flag pole... ;)
Can't wait to see your review!

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up ordering the Amarine models similar to the ones you linked @Julian ; They where only 10$ more for 2 of them and I have had not so great of luck with stuff sold by Chinese sellers on Amazon (I think / felt those other ones where Chinese junkers). Amarine was better known brand to me.

I'm pretty impressed with the weight and apparent quality. They look nice, feel super heavy and have no obvious flaws.

I mounted them on the exterior pipes of the Bimini cover on the sides nearly even with the Captain Chair. I wanted to put 4 across the back of the tower but the Bimini Cover material wraps that pipe completely and I wasn't sure I wanted to start cutting it apart or something just yet.

I wrapped the pipe with some of that drawer liner stuff for toolboxes -- and put I will be putting some threadlock on the screws soon as I figure out where I want them permanently.

I did only order the 2 -- I will get 2 more at least, more if I can figure out how to use the backside of the tower. That spot would be perfect for like 6-8 rods.

The 2 I mounted survived and stayed in place over a 2 hour cruise this weekend.

EDIT - The one thing I did notice -- The outside is clearly polished Stainless Steel; the inside however looks a little rough when I peel back the rubbery lining; based on how I see "other stainless steel" things on the boat "weather" saltwater exposure -- These might end up flaking apart in a few seasons. Ex - They look similar to the docking lights build material -- I've only had this boat about 2 months and those are already showing the salty metal flakey crud.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up ordering the Amarine models similar to the ones you linked @Julian ; They where only 10$ more for 2 of them and I have had not so great of luck with stuff sold by Chinese sellers on Amazon (I think / felt those other ones where Chinese junkers). Amarine was better known brand to me.

I'm pretty impressed with the weight and apparent quality. They look nice, feel super heavy and have no obvious flaws.

I mounted them on the exterior pipes of the Bimini cover on the sides nearly even with the Captain Chair. I wanted to put 4 across the back of the tower but the Bimini Cover material wraps that pipe completely and I wasn't sure I wanted to start cutting it apart or something just yet.

I wrapped the pipe with some of that drawer liner stuff for toolboxes -- and put I will be putting some threadlock on the screws soon as I figure out where I want them permanently.

I did only order the 2 -- I will get 2 more at least, more if I can figure out how to use the backside of the tower. That spot would be perfect for like 6-8 rods.

The 2 I mounted survived and stayed in place over a 2 hour cruise this weekend.

EDIT - The one thing I did notice -- The outside is clearly polished Stainless Steel; the inside however looks a little rough when I peel back the rubbery lining; based on how I see "other stainless steel" things on the boat "weather" saltwater exposure -- These might end up flaking apart in a few seasons. Ex - They look similar to the docking lights build material -- I've only had this boat about 2 months and those are already showing the salty metal flakey crud.
@hobineros Can you link to the Amarine stuff you bought? I actually just ordered two rod/cup holders off of Ebay made by Amarine. They are about 1/3 the price as the mate series and are stainless steel as well. I am also looking to get tower rod holders but not quite sure where I want to put them. I am thinking of attaching a couple off the top brackets that run front to back above the bimini cover.

Edit: These are the ones I ordered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222432010576