• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Easy way to Slide your boat forward ( or backwards) while on trailer and in your backyard

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this describes a forward push ( which I do for the winter) but you can reverse the steps and it works jut as well for backwards.

A picture it is worth a thousand words; hence a video it is worth 1000x24x60*3 words.
The only preparation I did prior to the video starting, is that I moved the bow post forward. I only positioned the boat close to the pillars in such a way that while the ratchet strap is tightening it is LIFTING AND PUSHING forwards at the same time. This force being applied on the transom makes it really easy for the winch.

Note: if you are thinking about pushing backwards; you can still use the winch. All you have to is route the winch strap through the front axle of your trailer and then hook it up to the Ubolt as you normaly would. You then winch as you normally would but in this case the winch will be pushing the boat backwards instead of forward.

@Julian please let me know if you see anything wrong with this methodology. You tent to have a very critical eye and I appreciate that ....

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd like to see a video of how you back that bad boy into that garage bay !!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had one up about 2 months ago. I deleted since then from Utube and my hard drive is packed for move, but I will dig it up in a couple of months later.
It is all done with the parkit360.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had one up about 2 months ago. I deleted since then from Utube and my hard drive is packed for move, but I will dig it up in a couple of months later.
It is all done with the parkit360.
I replied on that video as it's crazy to watch! R E S P E C T!