• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ecu

Jbaref2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were are the ecu boxes installed on a 2007 yamaha ar230 mr1 ho boat

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Big black boxes behind the motors on bacl wall.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jbaref2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I seem to be dumping fuel in the number 4 cylinder on my Mr1 engine borrowed a coil from another good running Ar230 no change new plugs no change really getting aggravated with this one any help

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Switch the ecus between your engines if you verify that you have a bad one co snider sending it in to carmo for possible repair at a cost of about $300 otherwise buy a new one for $1,100ish. Some,times I see used ones online for $600 or so but I wouldn't buy one them unless it came with a money back guarantee.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Unfortunately it sounds like either the fuel injector or ECU. ECU is $1000. Fuel injectors are $125. I don't recommend running that engine until you get things resolved. Also plan on changing the oil as it is rich with gasoline.

andre d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm having a similar problem with my '06 AR 230, I understand the injectors failing might also cause the ECU to fail. Anyone have the specs for the injectors handy?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Switch the ecus between your engines if you verify that you have a bad one co snider sending it in to carmo for possible repair at a cost of about $300 otherwise buy a new one for $1,100ish. Some,times I see used ones online for $600 or so but I wouldn't buy one them unless it came with a money back guarantee.
Sorry to revive an old thread but it seems I may be in need of an ecu... @Ronnie what was it u mentioned about sending it in to somewhere to have it repaired?

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I had my injectors clean and tested when I sent my ecu off . Also try carmo they can repair them

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did the injectors check out OK?

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I don't remember the name but when I get home tonight I will look at the receipt and let you know

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where did u send your injectors?
I used to be big into rotary engined cars. For some reason Mazda couldn't make a "non-leaky" injector for a few years. There is a local place I always took my injectors. Name and contact is below. They would always flow, leak, and electrical test them for me for like $30/injector or something like that. Took them a batch of 10 once, and picked the 4 closest in flow to put into a car I was tuning. Worked like a champ and was one of the easiest tunes I've done.

Anywho, here's the place. I'm sure they would work with you on shipping them in, checking, and shipping back out. If they can't help, they might know someone who can.

Diesel Injection Services Co Inc
4710 Allmond Ave, Louisville, KY 40209
(877) 361-2531

Just occured to me......If they can help, but don't want to deal with shipping, shoot me a PM. You can ship them to me and I'll run them over at lunchtime one day. They're only about 5 miles from my office.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I still have not even gone to look at the boat yet.. Lol.. I'm gonna start messing with it this evening some. If I don't have to keas with the injectors I'm not going to but if there is any indications its more than an ecu then I am gonna look into that as well. Pulling injectors is a little more iblnvolved than I am comfortable with. But I may have to learn!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I still have not even gone to look at the boat yet.. Lol.. I'm gonna start messing with it this evening some. If I don't have to keas with the injectors I'm not going to but if there is any indications its more than an ecu then I am gonna look into that as well. Pulling injectors is a little more iblnvolved than I am comfortable with. But I may have to learn!
Keep in mind that injectors that cause high resistance in the ECU will eventually kill the new ECU.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep in mind that injectors that cause high resistance in the ECU will eventually kill the new ECU.
This is exactly correct. The driver circuitry in the ECU is typically somewhat sensitive to injector resistance in general.

I would expect that a resistance check across the field connections on the injector will tell the story you need before pulling them. I'm not aware of the values to look for on Yamaha's injectors exactly, but I think a service manual might have them. Also, pulling injectors is a pretty easy process.

Please keep in mind I have NOT dug through a Yamaha specific engine, I only have experience with automotive (mostly GM and Audi) injection systems. Everything I have seen so far puts Yamaha right in line with GM in terms of control theory and implementation, but I can't be 100% certain there.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now I am going to have to research how to check the resistance of the injectors. I know injector one is where the problem is now.. Not sure if that is what was the cause..

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now I am going to have to research how to check the resistance of the injectors. I know injector one is where the problem is now.. Not sure if that is what was the cause..
You should be able to leave it installed. Remove the connector. Measure resistance across the inputs. Record value and compare to acceptable value from service manual. Should be a quick and easy check.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll add to @2kwik4u statement that if you get an out of spec reading, try a different meter. I had one reading an ohm off. It was a $40+ meter, but my free hf and my $60 meter said it was wrong.