• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Electrical issue?

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Running an 01 ls2000 and while out I noticed the bilge pump and fan stopped working. Lights worked, radio worked, but no fan or pump. At first thought it was a fuse and since I had none on board, we called it a day and headed in. Checked the fuses and they are not burned out. What else could cause just those to aux items to not work?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably dumb question. Have you tried to reset breakers on the console?

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yes. checked all fuses and they’re still in tact

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What about ground connections for those devices?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Circuit breaker? Yes on tightened terminals and Main fuse is good. Thanks and keep suggestions coming. It’s Wednesday and the lakes calling.....

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So everything with a motor is not working? You could check if you voltage going to each one. Perhaps they are on the same ground. Maybe fix one fixes all.

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The control knobs light up on the bilge and fan switch, wouldn’t that indicate power? Not sure where or how to trace the grounds. Somehow they are tied together though.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The fan is easy to get to...do you have a volt meter?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can look at grounds at the battery. Wiggle them a little. See if anything changes. Disconnect and reconnect some of the connectors. Seems like something is corroded.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
No corrosion, all wiring seems to be connected. Found where the blower is but it looks like a duct with a mounted plastic connection, not really a blower motor as I imagined. How about the bulge pump? Wher and how do I get to that. Checking with OM but it’s vert generic.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Blower is inside duct. There should be a connector. Disconnect and test voltage at connector going to blower as MFM suggested. If you have 12 volts, your good, otherwise you have an open ground. Please, report back.

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Problems resolved.

When I started, I had no bilge and no fan. Both stopped working simultaneously Nd one would think they were related; they were not.
Working to resolve fan first, bc I had no idea where the bilge was. I Checked all fuses; good. Checked battery connections, minor corrosion and slightly loose; wire brushed And secured to post. Found the fan with help o MFM and WREKS. Took it completely loose from the ducts and found a piece of cardboard wedged between the fan and fan housing. Removed the wedge and it works as it should; 12v and humming.
In the process of looking for the fan, I pulled the eng compartment outlet vents and the clean out compartment and exposed a whole lot, specifically the bilge pump. It somehow had worked itself loose, fell over and I suppose doesn’t work when out of position ? I resecured the pump and it worked.
Good experience and it exposed many of the inter workings of the boat. Hope this was/is helpful to someone else. Thanks to all that made suggestions, I hope to get to pay it forward.
Now to clean up what I can, put it back together and get back on the water. Happy Boating all!