• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Electronics upgarde

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Happy new year

I have a Simrad go9 9", transducer and ipilot Terrova trolling motor. I was thinking about upgrading with some radar, chart plotting or boat connect options. I am on a river that isn't to hard to navigate but I do plan on doing two big saltwater trips a year. I would rather have the appropriate equipment to be safe. also anything to help with tracking fish, weather or overall convenience.

any suggestions for the best upgrades?

Thanks!

Doug

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are many good options from the major manufacturers; my personal choice is Garmin. Either talk to your local pro installer or plan on spending many hours trying to identify the models with all of your desired features.

FWIW, since you plan to go off shore, I would suggest getting a Garmin InReach satellite communicator ($400 and up). You have global coverage/range, and you can text any cell phone or contact GEOS (assistance / rescue) with SOS texts or the SOS button. If you have an equipment failure 25 miles out and you need a tow, you can get the help you need versus using an PLB or EPIRB that results in the Coast Guard showing up. The InReach is also a back up GPS that you can take hiking and etc. You are required to have service, but it is only $12 a month or you can buy it by the month.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
great advice! Thank you

randocommando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Is that rear seat-back an aftermarket? If so, where did you get it. Looks nice

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Simrad 4g radar works with your display and is awesome.View attachment 140397
Thanks for the feedback! I don't have a hardtop Bimini. will i still be able tp install the antennae? Do i also needs to buy the may software? Thank you!!! Doug

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cycle Spring, in Clearwater Fl.
It came with both sides I use one most of the time and Leave the other off for easy access to the back of the boat.