• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Elite Boat Covers - Reasonably Priced Replacement Cover

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The factory cover for my LX-210 was falling apart so I decided to get a replacement. I searched online and decided to order from https://www.eliteboatcovers.com now https://www.sealskincovers.com . I chatted online with one of their sales people and found that they had unadvertised near fit models for the LX210 and LS2000. Perhaps they have other models as well.

The cover was $225 shipped with a ten year warranty.

After ordering the cover I decided to upgrade to a SX230 and sell the LX210. The cover arrived just in time for me to hurriedly install it before delivering the boat.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and fit of the cover. It has elastic around the outer edges that held it in place well while I attached the straps to hold it for trailering. I believe you could use it while moored without the straps.

Here are some pictures I took after the quick installation. It did not come with antipooling poles but I believe the factory ones could be used with it.

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Man @Bruce they have some great prices. I'm in need of a new cover and these prices are right up my alley, but they don't have the cover with the tower.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure, it was a great cover for the LX210. But it had 19.5' length and a 8' beam. They are more expensive for larger boats. You would probably be better off looking for a deal on the factory cover.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, right on. Thanks

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone purchased one for an '04 - '06 AR (tower) model?

The price seems OK, but I'd like to see the actual cover on an actual Yamaha. I'm not a big fan of the straps that connect to the trailer.
I much prefer the OEM version. Mine has held up very well all these years and if they still make 'em the same way, I'll probably go with the same one unless I can find another that is as good or better.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
So I just ordered a cover in gray for my 2001 LS, upon checkout there was a spot for a coupon code. On a whim I typed in 10off....no good, I typed in 20off....Jackpot!!!! 20% Off and Free shipping...the price was $199.00, after coupon grand total= $159.00....

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Bruce , Thank you for posting about the cover you bought for the LX before you sold it. I remembered you posting about one and did some digging to find the post. They look like pretty nice covers from what I can see. I will post up my thoughts on it when I get it..

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JC6275, I was really happy the cover I received in 2013 as was the buyer. I hope yours is just as nice!

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
So I just ordered a cover in gray for my 2001 LS, upon checkout there was a spot for a coupon code. On a whim I typed in 10off....no good, I typed in 20off....Jackpot!!!! 20% Off and Free shipping...the price was $199.00, after coupon grand total= $159.00....
Maaaan.. I wish I would have thought of doing that.. I didn't get a discount :( I should have procrastinated a little longer like I usually do.. bummer

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maaaan.. I wish I would have thought of doing that.. I didn't get a discount :( I should have procrastinated a little longer like I usually do.. bummer
How do you like your cover? Are they still making good products?

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
How do you like your cover? Are they still making good products?
Should be arriving this week along with some other goodies for the boat - waiting is the hard part. I'll post pics once I get it installed - I ordered the center post too to keep the water from pooling.

Well - here it is right out of the box - wrinkled but seems to have a nice tight fit around the edges. Kids looking at me perplexed as to why I'm making them put the cover on. What you don't see is the other kid inside trying to set up the center post. It's a trailerable cover - came with straps and a storage bag.

Attachments

Last edited:

james ondrus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Just ordered the grey one for my ls2000, the 20off coupon code still worked. 159.20 out the door. now i just have to wait for it. how are these holding up after purchase? good?

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Just ordered the grey one for my ls2000, the 20off coupon code still worked. 159.20 out the door. now i just have to wait for it. how are these holding up after purchase? good?
Mine - so far so good.. We'll just have to wait and see how it does over the winter here. Long damp days...with wind and tree junk from the neighbors should put it to the test.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking of getting this for my sx210, it is in the water in a slip from april to november...would anyone recommend these covers for the summer?

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I just ordered mine for my 07 SX210. Used the 20off coupon code which still worked. $191 out the door which included free shipping. Not much variety in colors, only two shades of blue and a grey. Will post pics when I get it.

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have a factory cover for my 2002 LX2000 that I'd like to sell. I bought it brand new June, 2015. It fits great. It is dirty from the winter use. I have brand new, never used set of poles for it too that came with my new cover.
So.... here's the catch. In August of last year, I had my boat parked at my brother's house. His heating and AC guy was doing some work and backed into my boat, pushing it into another trailer and moving it about a foot on the trailer. I ended up having to replace the trailer winch bumper, but when it hit the other trailer it tore the cover a little bit. The hole is probably 2x2 and its right where the cover goes over the rub rail on the boat. I was going to get it repaired by the guy that did my interior, but the heating guy told me that it was his fault and he would buy me a new cover.
IMG_6632.JPG IMG_8066.JPG
So I have this cover I'd like to sell. $200 plus $15 shipping.
Photo attached of hole.

Yamaha1067

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Should be arriving this week along with some other goodies for the boat - waiting is the hard part. I'll post pics once I get it installed - I ordered the center post too to keep the water from pooling.

Well - here it is right out of the box - wrinkled but seems to have a nice tight fit around the edges. Kids looking at me perplexed as to why I'm making them put the cover on. What you don't see is the other kid inside trying to set up the center post. It's a trailerable cover - came with straps and a storage bag.
How is the cover when used while mooring? I was planning on leaving my boat in the water for days at a time.

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
You couldn't because the cover is held on by the cleats, then it gets pulled down below the rub rail and then you ratich a strap that is built into the cover that pulls it tight below the rub line, and keeps it tight.

My boat is a 2002, so read some of the items I had to repair on mine to get it running top notch.