• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Break In

Frank S.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can anyone give me any tips / suggestion of how to break in the engines. I take delivery in a few weeks and I want to know the nest way to do it, from people who actually have a rotax engine and not just what the dealer says.

Thanks

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Can anyone give me any tips / suggestion of how to break in the engines. I take delivery in a few weeks and I want to know the nest way to do it, from people who actually have a rotax engine and not just what the dealer says.

Thanks
I have a 215 hoi. Just vary the rpms frequently for about 10 hours per motor. Do not drive it wide open during this time . Monitor your antifreeze and oil levels whenever u can . check all hose clamps at delivery and at the beginning and end of every season, along with any other nut, bolt or Allen u can get yr hands on . Do not depend 100% on the dealer no matter how good u think they are . No one really cares about yr stuff more than u do.

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2017 255 HOI...I was told that the computer manages the break in period...I onl have 3,5 hrs on my boat.....onlky took it out twice and had some issues....shut it down and will be taking it in for warranty service soon...not very happy with that!

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hopefully it's the first and last issue you have .

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2017 255 HOI...I was told that the computer manages the break in period...I onl have 3,5 hrs on my boat.....onlky took it out twice and had some issues....shut it down and will be taking it in for warranty service soon...not very happy with that!
What problems have you had so far?

Frank S.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do not depend 100% on the dealer no matter how good u think they are . .
That's exactly when I asked you guys here. The dealers tell you what you want to hear or whatever get's you out of their building the fastest. I'd rather take advice from any owner of a boat over the dealer.

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What problems have you had so far?
Sorry for the slow reply...I don't log in everyday. I think my issue is the carbon seal. My boat began taking on water and the engines started runny crappy! I will let you know what they tell me!

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Sorry for the slow reply...I don't log in everyday. I think my issue is the carbon seal. My boat began taking on water and the engines started runny crappy! I will let you know what they tell me!
Good Luck, Hopefully its quick turn around for you.

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Bringing the boat to Nautical Marine In Richmond VA this Saturday. I was told by the tech that they are running 3 to 4 weeks behind. Anyone know this dealership? They just started selling Scarabs recently, but have been familiar with the Rotax power plants because the do Seadoo and Chaparral service.