• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Communication Error??

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Engine Communication Error"

I just got this error on my 2017 AR195. Took the battery off the trickle charger and hooked it up as tight as I could get it and engine won't turnover or do anything. Lights and radio work fine but getting the "engine communication error" battery is fully charged and 2 months old. Any ideas?

No corrosion on the connections. Appear to be as clean and solid as they can be.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So took it to the dealership and my dumb self didn’t realize there were 2 separate ground wires coming off the battery and I had only reattached one of them .

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s actually a very common occurrence. We usually get a bunch of these in the spring when members are putting the battery back into the boat.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
DOH!!!

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Sounds like a blown fuse.
Any idea which fuse? I am having this identical issue right now, except mine sterted while out boating. Went limp with engine communication error. Got back to the dock but the boat hasn’t started since and showing “engine Comm error” if I hold the key in the start position for a few seconds.