• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Flush while boat in water?

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Hello everyone, so my question has to do with those times the boat doesn't come out of the water, like when we get back after the marina is closed. (Talking about a 2021 Yamaha 275 SD)

Can you fresh water rinse the engines while the boat is still in the water? If not, how concerned should I be about this? I probably stay out later than the marina staff once a week, which puts me into a situation where I use the boat twice before getting a flush in. How big a deal is this?

Thanks for your collective input.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not a big deal at all. Just flush within 3-5 days if you can. Most important thing for me though is once it’s pulled from water and salt starts drying on everything it needs a flush soon. I use salt away for 1 minute after a fresh water flush for 5 minutes for engine as we boat in salt water. If it’s sitting in the water for a few days not end of the world but for me when it’s out of the water I’m cleaning it and flushing it. So salt don’t crystallize and dry up.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can flush the engine in the water, but you must block the flow of cooling water from the pump. You can either pinch the line or install an inline valve on this water path so you can close it when flushing on the water.

This is the same hose you must pinch if towing above idle speed with an engine off, so they are also known as tow valves.

Search Tow Valves on the forum to get all the details.