• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine hatch filler cushions

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have the engine hatch center cushions with the seadeck to step on instead of the original seat? If so is it worth it?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm swapping mine out this season for the one @JetBoatPilot sells. I just haven't got around to calling Will. His website doesn't list them for the 2016 yet as they are redoing the site. There are different trim patterns on the years so it's important to order correct year to match your existing style. Call him to place the order so you get the right year kit. I think it's worth it in the end as I'm tired of stepping on my seats getting in/out of the boat and watching everyone else do it makes me cringe inside each time. I'm going to get the SeakDek to match the rest of my cockpit instead of the hydroturf. Personally I'm not going to get the extra cushion for the middle. I don't see myself using it and I bet a lot of the 21' and 24' guys don't use theirs more than not.

@JerryG @swatski and a few others have done it on their 19' boats.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-192-mods.6550/page-9#post-160499
https://jetboaters.net/threads/best-mod-ever-engine-hatch-kit-w-seadek.10257/
Has anyone come up with a way to prevent stepping on the rear seat?

Last edited:

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I placed an order with him 4 weeks ago they said it would be 4 weeks. Called this morning said it would at least be 2 more weeks.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I placed an order with him 4 weeks ago they said it would be 4 weeks. Called this morning said it would at least be 2 more weeks.
That's not good to hear...I just placed an order for my cockpit area for Hydroturf. Kelly said should be done in 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well that's not good. Maybe the cushion people are running behind? I don't know if Will has them made in-house or they come from outside.

@jeff_s the hydroturf and SeaDek kits are cut there I believe so they shouldn't be affected by the cushion orders or I wouldn't think they would.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the are backed up in the fabric shop. I was hoping to get it this week. I wanted it in before I took it for a trip to parks lake. Then after that I will be out of town for 3 weekends. Boating season will be over by the time I get it. I was thinking about canceling it and just order in the off season ugh!!!!!!!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have installed seadek on the engine hatch center filler seat location. I still leave the cushion on the boat for the days we have lots of adults for an evening cruise, I just put the seat over the top and snap it in. We are typically back and forth so often from stern to helm/cockpit that it made more sense for me to keep the seat out and put seadek for more comfort and less slipping chance. I got the whole stern kit from Will @JetBoatPilot which includes that piece, the top of the engine hatch and the 2 side steps near the swim platform. All are worth every penny, IMO!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the are backed up in the fabric shop. I was hoping to get it this week. I wanted it in before I took it for a trip to parks lake. Then after that I will be out of town for 3 weekends. Boating season will be over by the time I get it. I was thinking about canceling it and just order in the off season ugh!!!!!!!
Nonsense. Just have Will ship your kit to my house while you're out of town. I'll take good care of it :D

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang why didn't I think of that!!!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put the cushion in the garage and installed the seadeck kit for the step over spot as well and the head floor too

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Rick Owens sorry about the delay. I will see if there is any way to bump yours ahead. I have one upholstery guy and he got slammed with a bunch of orders all at one time. We're not busy enough in the off season to justify two upholstery guys so unfortunately during the summer the lead times do get longer from time to time.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lookin'Good good!

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my engine filler cushion installed today. Thank to will at jet boat pilot for speeding up delivery.
Hi Rick....the seat mod is fantastic. Is this something that is still available? Can you provide me with the information of where this mod can be ordered.

Thanks,

YamaNoob