• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Parts 2014 195HOI

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with my local Scarab dealer. I gave them the Model Number of my engine (440000AAA), and the serial number (09441872). She said their system does not recognize either of the numbers. She even called BRP to ask for help. BRP said that if you have only 3 zero's in the model number, then it is a BRP engine for a Scarab. They claim that my serial number belongs to a small Evinrude outboard.

I have the picture in front of me that I took of the tag on my motor. The numbers are correct!

Has anyone else experienced this sort of issues when trying to purchase parts? Losing my mind over this!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I just checked: http://epc.brp.com/ your boat is definitely there. You can find the part numbers yourself in case you prefer. Select Rotax JPS, then AA for your model (last two letters of your model number), then 250 for HP, then presumably single, cat. Then you can find all the part numbers. Note, they are BRP numbers and they can often be found under a Sea-Doo part number as well. But the numbers are not the same even though the parts are often the same. But if you can find that yourself, then you can just request the part specifically regardless of getting them to find your boat.

But if they can't find it, I'd recommend they have a look at that official BRP Rotax part site. It's obviously in the system.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just checked: http://epc.brp.com/ your boat is definitely there. You can find the part numbers yourself in case you prefer. Select Rotax JPS, then AA for your model (last two letters of your model number), then 250 for HP, then presumably single, cat. Then you can find all the part numbers. Note, they are BRP numbers and they can often be found under a Sea-Doo part number as well. But the numbers are not the same even though the parts are often the same. But if you can find that yourself, then you can just request the part specifically regardless of getting them to find your boat.

But if they can't find it, I'd recommend they have a look at that official BRP Rotax part site. It's obviously in the system.
She claimed to be in the official BRP Rotax site. Just a little disconcerting. Thanks Luc for the link. I’m sure I’ve seen that before but did not have it locked in.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Luc, is there a similar site where I can look up my serial number?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Not that I know of. Sorry. I suspect the only people that can figure out what boat you have based on a serial number are Scarab dealers. And apparently they still have trouble as you found out. lol New Orleans Power Sports and Marine WILL be able to help you. They deal massively with Scarab. I'd call their parts guy Paul to figure this out. They can ship you the parts too if you wish.