• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Engine Spray Question

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I live on the salt water and boat in the salt water. When I bought the boat the guy told me I should literally spray (???) entirely over the whole engine compartment including wires/engine and anything else under the hatch,literally everything. I cant remember the products nam,e but is what the guy said correct? Does anyone do this? If so what product works best?

My answer is based on many years of saltwater use and experimenting with different products, I also considered the cost of the products.
Hands down I find using spray on white lithium grease on every part of the engine , hose clamps ,wires and pump has been working excellent, It leaves a slightly visible film so you know it's there.
It is available practically everywhere and only costs an average of 2.50 a can.

I use this stuff:

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=06007

06007.jpg

So I guess that's a YES on spraying the whole engine compartment literally I have just bought a couple gallons of the CRC-656 Going to buy a garden pump sprayer, fill it with the 656 and hose it down. Again just for my reassurance...it is a GOOD thing to spray everything in there??

I've sprayed my whole engine, cables, hose clamps etc with T 9, I've also sprayed the hand rail and hinges then wiped the excess off the gel coat to leave a slight film on the S/S, working so far.

I also sprayed the jet pump casing too.

Boeshield T-9, it's the shit!

® Trademark and Technology owned and licensed by
THE BOEING COMPANY:

http://boeshield.com/

Only stuff I ever use. :cool:

X2 on the T-9. I started out using the YamaLube product. T-9 seems to hold better and longer. I spray everything in the engine compartment except for the walls.

I spray mine with Reddi Wip.....looks alot like Lithuim grease but taste better!

imagesCADN0NHE.jpg

I've sprayed my whole engine, cables, hose clamps etc with T 9, I've also sprayed the hand rail and hinges then wiped the excess off the gel coat to leave a slight film on the S/S, working so far.

I also sprayed the jet pump casing too.

I spray it liberally all over and in the jets, with my wife in the boat working the throttles forward and back. Helps to displace moisture and lubricate the linkage. Love the stuff.

I spray my wife with reddi whip. Never thought to try in on the boat. Cam.

Do you that boat in salt water spray it every time? I've been spraying it about every third time, is that enough?

When boating on salt water I sprayed the engine of my ski liberally all inside the engine compartment, and the pump area on the transom too, with CRC 6-56.

Actually my process was more like this every time I put the ski in salt water:
1) Flush the engine with Salt Terminator. I put a bucket with a cap full of car wash soap behind the jet ski to catch the liquid coming out of the pisser.

2) I used the contents of the bucket, which was filled with warm soapy water containing some Salt Terminator, to wash the outside of the ski, and trailer, by hand with a wash mit.

3) I used Salt Terminator in the hose-end dispenser to spray the entire inside of my Honda Aquatrax.

4) I rinsed the inside and outside of the ski, and trailer, with fresh water.

5) Kept the seats off to let the inside of the ski dry for a couple of hours (sufficient in the low humidity of California).

6) Spray the inside of the ski with CRC 6-56, and the pump area on the transom too.

Now that I boat in fresh water I might spray the engines a couple of times each summer but the pumps whenever I think of it, perhaps every third time out. I should spray the pump area every time.

Last edited:
Do you that boat in salt water spray it every time? I've been spraying it about every third time, is that enough?

I lightly rinse my engines, dry with rags, and spray T-9 after about every 3rd outting. No woories.

Back