• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine

palteri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there anywhere to get a replacement engine for a 2013 AR192 jet boat? The engine was damaged by a concussion from the Impeller housing. The shop pulled the engine, tore it apart to determine the damage, provided an estimate for the insurance, and now states they don't want to get involved in fixing it. Now I have an engine that is tore apart and I am waiting to hear their final answer. Are there any other options? The Boat is now in a shop in Rochester, NY

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See if you can find a damage Jet Ski with the same engine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw a post online recently indicating the party had 5 Yamaha engines available for sale o will try to find and post it for you. That stated things don’t sound right. That is if your boat suffered impeller damage your engine should be fine. The damage from an impeller issue should have stopped at the shaft and/or pump. Seems like the shop should be on the hook to put the engine back together, maybe they broke something while disassembling it. If you have any pics of the damage please post them here.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I could not find the ad for the Yamaha marine engines. I think Yamaha started putting 1.8 liter supercharged engines in the fx and fzr series Waverunners around 2009. Another alternative is SBT (small block technologies m) they will sell you a rebuild engine or part of one but require you to send them your core parts.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2013 had timing chain issues also, perhaps they thought the chain broke due to backlash rather than defect , they don't sound very reliable or knowledgeable but not knowing what they say was the damage I would either find a jet ski engine as suggested or contact www.sbtontheweb.com and see what they have available

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw a post online recently indicating the party had 5 Yamaha engines available for sale o will try to find and post it for you. That stated things don’t sound right. That is if your boat suffered impeller damage your engine should be fine. The damage from an impeller issue should have stopped at the shaft and/or pump. Seems like the shop should be on the hook to put the engine back together, maybe they broke something while disassembling it. If you have any pics of the damage please post them here.
The insurance company probably is the problem if I had to guess… I had an aftermarket insurance company on my last vehicle that was a joke. Any time I had a claim they found a reason not to pay the bill, and they drug their feet badly.

palteri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ronnie
The repair shop wrote, " Engine is totaled due to jet pump bearings blew out and allowed impeller shaft to force engine crankshaft forward. Crankshaft, block assembly, cylinder head, and 2 rods all damaged beyond repair. The total estimate was $14,992. Insurance will pay $16,400 and take the boat or $11,400 and we can keep the boat. We owe $16k on the boat so it will be a break-even if we total it. I am willing to pay the difference out of pocket to get the boat fixed as we can't replace the boat for that kind of money. $3k - $4k out of pocket at least we still have a boat that's worth mid $24k - $28k right now.

palteri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The insurance company probably is the problem if I had to guess… I had an aftermarket insurance company on my last vehicle that was a joke. Any time I had a claim they found a reason not to pay the bill, and they drug their feet badly.
No the insurance company has been great and will pay either totaled insured price or buy back value. They are fair. It's the shop that trouble shooter the damage by taking the engine apart and providing the estimate. They said they didn't think we would go for repairing it so now they don't want to continue with the work. They had no problem charging me $1,900 to troubleshoot the damage which included $200 to write up the insurance estimate.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear/read it. Consider reaching out to this guy on Craigslist San Francisco Bay Area.

Also I would take the boat to a PWC shop for a quote and to do the work. I wouldn’t pay the dealer another dime.

finally when the dust settles give boat us marine insurance a call, their affiliated with progressive insurance and offer purchase price and set value policies. I had a total loss covered for what i paid for the boat, they even paid me the sales tax.
4285CF5D-3AB6-40E5-B144-DB96826362FC.png

palteri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am insured with BoatUS now. I've only had the boat for one year. Thank you for this ad. My question is...will a Waverunner engine fit into a jet boat? Do they share the same engine??

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am insured with BoatUS now. I've only had the boat for one year. Thank you for this ad. My question is...will a Waverunner engine fit into a jet boat? Do they share the same engine??
Engines will fit, they are the same. I would pay the difference and have it fixed if it is worth that much still.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Why does that engine in the picture look so different than any 1800 SC or NA that I have ever owned

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@palteri Do you have a detailed estimate with line by line cost breakdown? For $200 to write it up I would expect that level of detail in the estimate.

I can't see even a local machine shop completely rebuilding from scratch costing $14k for repairs. We've also seen guys swap a motor in a weekend, so I can't imagine labor + machine shop comes to that high of a total. Something seems awry here.

Either way I think you're right though $3k-$4k out of pocket is the way to go in this particular market.

palteri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@palteri Do you have a detailed estimate with line by line cost breakdown? For $200 to write it up I would expect that level of detail in the estimate.

I can't see even a local machine shop completely rebuilding from scratch costing $14k for repairs. We've also seen guys swap a motor in a weekend, so I can't imagine labor + machine shop comes to that high of a total. Something seems awry here.

Either way I think you're right though $3k-$4k out of pocket is the way to go in this particular market.
The estimate breakdown shows $11,500 in parts alone. The major components are the cylinder head for $5,048 and the Cylinder Bock for $2,800. , Oil pump assembly $890. and cylinder head complete are the most expensive parts. The labor was 21 hours at $110/hr totaling $2,300. It's mostly the cost of parts. Of course there is apt tobe some misc parts that will be needed.