• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Error code 300 & 301 - Scarab 165

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey guys helping out a fellow jetboater with a Scarab 165 2016. Started fine in driveway and seems to idle, but boat is running really rough, cannot get on plane. Getting check engine error 300 and 301.

Thought it might be the plugs, so swapped them out and still no luck. Check engine light still there. Again in driveway seems fine. Any advice here?

Last edited:

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Sorry, not an expert on this at all. But from reading various posts, I would work through these in order of likelihood and simplicity:

1. Make sure you have a good, fully charged battery. MANY error codes are caused my a low voltage on the battery. Although in this case, sounds like there's an actual mechanical issue, not just voltage.
2. New plugs, inexpensive and easy to do.
3. Inspect your coils.
4. Replace fuel. Siphon out old fuel into tanks in case it turns out it's not the fuel (then you can reuse it later).
5. The harder stuff, for me at least... are the injectors working well? How to check, not sure.
6. Do you have proper compression in each cylinder? You'll need to do a compression test for this.

Beyond those things......... I've never done the last two on this list so can't advise on how to do that. I've seen videos.... otherwise you should probably get a tech to check it out.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Also,careful not to run it too long in the driveway! You shouldn't be running this for longer than about 60 sec... you risk overheating the carbon ring. It can't be cooled unless the boat is actually sitting in water.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Checked the coils they look fine. Trying to syphon the gas.

Jamied

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
What was the verdict? I’m having the same issues.

Thanks!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Fuel injector plugged. Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner did the trick.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Fuel injector plugged. Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner did the trick.
I'm having the same issue. Changed out the sparks plug and still getting the same P0300 & P0301 code. Did you follow the directions on the Techron about putting it in with 15 gallons of gas? Or did you just put it in? How long did it take for the engine light to disappear after you added it?

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What was the verdict? I’m having the same issues.

Thanks!
Did yours get fixed with the Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner? I'm having the same issue...

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yup. It fixed it.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yup. It fixed it.
Did you follow the directions on the Techron about putting it in with 15 gallons of gas? Or did you just put it in? How long did it take for the engine light to disappear after you added it?

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We doubled initial Techron Complete dose (2 bottles/15 gallons). Then ran out of water on hose 5 minute increments every couple days while attempting to reset check engine by physically disconnecting battery between runs. After about 3 or 4 runs over a week the check engine went away and the boat no longer sputtered while trying to plane. Now for maintenance adding 1 bottle Techron Complete in 15 gallons.

Cottage-Country

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Same issue. Did anyone swap the injector itself? Having problems finding replacement online believe oem is Deka

Last edited:

Cottage-Country

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Did the error code clear itself after repair ?