• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Error - Reverse 195 Scarab

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just hit 10 Hrs but at about 7 hrs in, I noticed when turning the key position to the first there is a Error. Says "ERROR REVERSE" and chip with orange wrench. I had notices for some odd reason I get ZERO reverse thrust maybe 2% compared to when I first put it in the water.
Has anyone had this issue or know what might have happened? Assuming its under warranty should I just pull it out of the water and take it in for service or simply wait till I'm officially in need of my 25hr first service?

adding an edit here: I saw the full error says "reverse module error"....so assuming this might be computer might have a glitch. Prior to this error I did have a wood piece in my prop which was taken out....wondering if that created this error some how? with 10.5 hrs now I don't seem to go past 40mph also wondering if this all might be related... I took it out and now got yet another small wood piece in my intake through the grate... after just 3 mins on the water, what a buzz kill.
If anyone has a way to have a screen on this to avoid it that would be GREAT.. as a new boater on wondering if a jet boat wasn't for me.. I hope this doesn't keep being like this.

Thank you in advance - Ray

Last edited:

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that your boat has little or no reverse suddenly?
I'm not familiar with the scarab reverse bucket design except for photos of the apparatus but if it were me I would consider a loss of reverse to be a problem.
Visually inspect the buckets and nozzles etc to see if something is obviously wrong...move the throttles forward backward to see if something that should move is not...
Maybe I read you post wrong but if not then yes not having reverse capability is a problem you should have checked out.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the reverse gate electrically actuated? My first thought based on your description and the error message is that the gate is not moving properly and the computer is aware of it. Might be stuck due to something being jammed in it?

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is the reverse gate electrically actuated? My first thought based on your description and the error message is that the gate is not moving properly and the computer is aware of it. Might be stuck due to something being jammed in it?
thank you folks for suggestions.
I have it out of the water and I can see the actual gate move via the cable and that part looks normal... I saw the full error says "reverse module error"....so assuming this might be computer might have a glitch. Prior to this error I did have a wood piece in my prop which was taken out....wondering if that created this error some how? with 10.5 hrs now I don't seem to go past 40mph also wondering if this all might be related... If get fixed I'll update what I learned so someone might find my experience helpful.

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that your boat has little or no reverse suddenly?
I'm not familiar with the scarab reverse bucket design except for photos of the apparatus but if it were me I would consider a loss of reverse to be a problem.
Visually inspect the buckets and nozzles etc to see if something is obviously wrong...move the throttles forward backward to see if something that should move is not...
Maybe I read you post wrong but if not then yes not having reverse capability is a problem you should have checked out.
thank you folks for suggestions.
I have it out of the water and I can see the actual gate move via the cable and that part looks normal... I saw the full error says "reverse module error"....so assuming this might be computer might have a glitch. Prior to this error I did have a wood piece in my prop which was taken out....wondering if that created this error some how? with 10.5 hrs now I don't seem to go past 40mph also wondering if this all might be related... If get fixed I'll update what I learned so someone might find my experience helpful.

Gary B.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am having the exact same problem as you indicated in this old thread... Did you ever get resolution?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am having the exact same problem as you indicated in this old thread... Did you ever get resolution?
I'm not too familiar with Scarab or today's BRP engines but maybe disconnecting the main battery for an hour or so and then reconnecting it will clear out the error. Try that and see if that helps. I doubt it will but you never know with all the electronics stuff they have on these things. The boats don't come with IBR do they? There was a recall in 2016 for the IBR module but I don't think boats come with the Intelligent Brake and Reverse actuator.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check your reverse gate position in forward and in reverse to see if it goes all the way up and all the way down .