• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Everything you want to know...2016 190 FSH Sport Mooring Cover

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First thing, if you have a 190 FSH or FSH Deluxe, this thread may not be much help, except for the anti - pooling system. The covers would obviously be different, but the anti-pooling system should be the same across all 190 FSH models. It looks like the Deluxe Mooring Cover that's available for other Yamaha jet boats.

Details

Yam part number: MAR-FSH19-TT-16
Description: 2016 190 FSH w/ Tower - Mooring Cover (no mention of "Deluxe")
Retail price: $855 usd
Color: Black with white "Yamaha"
Warranty: 90 days :(
Manufacturer: Commercial Sewing, Inc. (860.482.5509)

Features
Anti-pooling system (a telescoping pole with four straps, the pole stands-up in front of the center console/seat)
SurLast material, all weather, breathable, water repellant
Vaccu-Hold system allows towing speeds up to 65 mph
Ratchet and draw strap system
Has inverted vent scoops to let out heat - very cool (pun intended haha)
Velcro connections (aka hook and loop) around the four tower uprights (at the base of the windshield)
The cover forms a pocket that slips over the windshield and goes no higher than the windshield

Anti-Pooling System Installation (Part # YJBC145B - from a sticker on the pole)
The pole consists of two pieces and has four straps, two black and two white. Telescope-extend the pole. From the top of the pole, attach one white strap to the bow cleat and the second white strap to the grab handle on the center console. Stand the pole up. Attach the two black straps to the side cleats. Adjust.

Installing the cover (my Cliff Notes version :p)
Start at the front, working around the sides to the back. Fit over the gunwales, attach the confidence straps and the ratchet straps. Adjust and tighten the ratchet straps up to five iterations. Use your pinky finger as a torque wrench setting, and no tighter. Secure the zippered coverings over the ratchet straps and close the Velcro closures over the zippers.

My impression
My opinion is the cover looks like a great design, has nice features, and is pretty. My concern is the fabric could be heavier and also the instructions that came in the box (from Yamaha and Commercial Sewing) go into making sure the boat cover is stored in the shade during the afternoon sun, etc. for longevity of the cover :confused:...isn't that contrary to the purpose of a boat cover!? Pinky finger tight!? So, I'd be hesitant to tow with the cover at highway speeds or tighten the straps very tight. As for SurLast...never heard of it, and imo rebranded or new materials usually don't mean improved materials. As mentioned, the instructions have a few crucial disclaimers that most of us can't comply with, not even for 90 days. And black...why make a boat cover, for shielding from the sun, in black!? Seems like a common color for boat covers.

I got a much better deal than retail and its now the cover I have. I like the design a lot. I'll just have to take care of it, baby it, etc.

I'll test fit on my FSH Sport tomorrow or next week.

Last edited:

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pic of the antipooling pole and 4 straps. Gotta say The cover is very impressive, easy to use, well thought out.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
With our FSH Sport, the pole isn't needed in front of the console seat. It's needed between the windshield and leaning post. So there it stands keeping the pool from forming. It fits very well and does it's job. For the cost of it, I hope it lasts a long time.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From the dealer, but I'd never use them unless I had a discount. fleabay had them for awhile back in 2017. I'm not sure where these are being sold in 2020. I will add that a couple yrs ago, long since posting this thread, I bought an additional anti-pooling pole from WestMarine to place between the console and the leaning post aka the captain's seat, to prevent water from pooling up there, as mentioned by the poster above. After 4 yrs, the cover is showing its age, but still doing well and nothing has ripped, etc. This has been mostly in the FL sun and around seawater. Word of warning; don't trailer down the highway or above 40 or so mph with the cover on the boat. The instructions noted "60mph" but I recommend taking it off if you're trailering it for more than a few miles, even at 40mph.

eta - Jetboat Pilot aka Will sales a center console cover, which is much smaller and better for overnight/week long trips, etc, where you wouldn't want to cover the entire boat. My cover is great and has zippered openings to access the retractable docking clevises/gas tank (to tie off to a dock) , but its more ideal for for storage, etc. It's big!

Last edited: