• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exact length on trailer

Brandon362

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello all,

I'm interesting in keeping a FSH in my garage. According to Yamaha info published it lists the length on trailer at 20' 1"

My garage measures out to exactly 20' 1". Solid concrete wall to garage door.

I was hoping that there may be a bit of a buffer built into Yamaha's numbers. I might be able to set it in at a slight angle, but was hoping to be able to go straight back.

After reading on here it appears there's hope of getting under the 81 1/2" door.

Any help or insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Brandon

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello all,

I'm interesting in keeping a FSH in my garage. According to Yamaha info published it lists the length on trailer at 20' 1"

My garage measures out to exactly 20' 1". Solid concrete wall to garage door.

I was hoping that there may be a bit of a buffer built into Yamaha's numbers. I might be able to set it in at a slight angle, but was hoping to be able to go straight back.

After reading on here it appears there's hope of getting under the 81 1/2" door.

Any help or insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Brandon
Mine has a folding trailer tongue which would knock 2 feet off the length when folded. You will be fine. image.jpgimage.jpg

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi,
I fit it in my garage but that's also due to the tongue folding. At that point it's the same length as the boat pretty much. I measured about 19'7" total. Hard to be certain without a plum line.
To get it into my 83" high garage (who made that decision on height!) I have to let some air out of the tires. It's a hell of a lot easier than removing that seat post every time. My air compressor is an 8 gallon and that work fine for quick inflate. Getting it under the 81.5" you may have to remove the seat. Depends on which trailer you are using too. I've got the standard issue Shorelandr.
The garage idea has been great: easy to work on, keeps it clean and away from prying eyes.
Good luck ;)

(Note the seat remove - That was before I went for letting the air out of the tires. I just make it with the seat back rubbing against the weather seal on the top of the garage door.)

Good luck! If I can help anymore just let me know.

IMG_0802-1.JPG

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi,
I fit it in my garage but that's also due to the tongue folding. At that point it's the same length as the boat pretty much. I measured about 19'7" total. Hard to be certain without a plum line.
To get it into my 83" high garage (who made that decision on height!) I have to let some air out of the tires. It's a hell of a lot easier than removing that seat post every time. My air compressor is an 8 gallon and that work fine for quick inflate. Getting it under the 81.5" you may have to remove the seat. Depends on which trailer you are using too. I've got the standard issue Shorelandr.
The garage idea has been great: easy to work on, keeps it clean and away from prying eyes.
Good luck ;)

(Note the seat remove - That was before I went for letting the air out of the tires. I just make it with the seat back rubbing against the weather seal on the top of the garage door.)

Good luck! If I can help anymore just let me know.

View attachment 59723
The FSH looks good even parked in the garage. Still impressed by its great lines.

Brandon362

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

This would be a big upgrade from my Scarab 165. It's been garage kept for its life and really helps keep it in top condition.

When my measurements measured the published numbers I had really hoped that they had a little padding built in.

My garage is 81.5" so it sounds like I'm forced to remove the seat. I've read a thread that talked about flipping the seat upside down and remounting. I'm just glad that the center console will clear with the windshield removed.

Once again I really appreciate the effort.

Thanks again.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

This would be a big upgrade from my Scarab 165. It's been garage kept for its life and really helps keep it in top condition.

When my measurements measured the published numbers I had really hoped that they had a little padding built in.

My garage is 81.5" so it sounds like I'm forced to remove the seat. I've read a thread that talked about flipping the seat upside down and remounting. I'm just glad that the center console will clear with the windshield removed.

Once again I really appreciate the effort.

Thanks again.
Anytime!

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know the width on the trailer from wheel to wheel or the widest points?

mag911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me the length of the trailer only for a Yamaha 255 FSH with tongue folded?