• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Excellent Source for Yamaha 1.8 Oil Filters @ a GREAT price !

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is not designed to start any sort of argument as to which "type" of filter one might/should use.
It appears that for the past couple of years that about half of our members here use Yamaha filters,
and the other half use K & N High Performance oil filters.
Many use Yamaha filters simply because they are not aware there is an alternative.

Please keep in mind in virtually all cases, our oil and filter stays in our engines for 1 season, averaging far LESS than 50 hours. The K & N brand and design is accepted by many as their standard of excellence, and is used in far more severe uses than we expose our engines to.

Normally, this filter can be found for anywheres between ABOUT $16 and $20, PLUS SALES TAX, plus the cost of gas, etc to go buy it/them.

Amazon sells these filters NORMALLY for about $12.03 with free shipping if your order is more than $35.00

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C3XDB8/ref=sr_ph_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ie=UTF8&qid=1438208151&sr=sr-1&keywords=K+&+N+HP-1002

Today, I bought filters for $11.44, NO sales Tax, and NO shipping, and no minimum order $ size.
From the Amazon website ..........

From that web page, select "59 new from $9.06" .................. or just go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000C3XDB8/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Look at the first listing from
KOTSEMOWORLD

It shows the filter @ $11.44 (Delivered to your door) and no other "extras" or requirements.

Hope this helps many of y'all. Enjoy the rest of your week !
Sincere Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

K&N1.jpg

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good info @MikeyL. Just a heads up for us poor MR-1 drivers. The K&N filter for our motors is the K&N-303. I've been using them for 5 seasons with no issues. all the K&N filters have a nut welded to the top for easy removal with a socket or adjustable wrench. No filter wrench required.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed 2. Only a handful left.

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ordered 6. That ought to keep my stocked for a bit.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I grabbed 2. That should put the stock at 3 now!!!!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder what the guy sending these out must think? He's somewhere packing one of these every few weeks to ship and then all of a sudden in 1 day he has a run on his stock. LOL.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Only one left. Looks like you can get the same one from another seller for 1 penny more. Soon that stock will be depleted also.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Y'all, It's that time again and looking at going away from OEM filters. Is this still a good filter for 1.8's? No thread issues or anything? I know the thread stated a few years ago but, filter is a filter...Walmart has a 2 pack for $23.42 and Amazon has them for $11.95 each..

Thanks everyone. Be safe

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries, @flyingnugget . Mikey would certainly want us to float on. We just miss him. Certainly no foul by you.

And see? He is still helping...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup he wouldn't want it any other way. He was the first person to privately reach out to me on here when I first signed up. Next thing I know I'm talking to him over the phone for probably well over an hour lol. I think he even invited me for a BBQ and he didn't know me from Jack. Miss ya Mikey!