• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust smell

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Just curious. Does anyone else get some exhaust smell at certain speeds? Seems like a sort of back draft effect? Scarab 195. Do you see some exhaust smoke at higher Rpms or after slowing down from high speed runs?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I see some "smoke" but it's from the heat exchangers under the boat. Smells? No. I suppose if the wind is blowing the right way yes, maybe. But, I have not.

Welcome to the forum :Welcome:

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A friend of mine's boat has exhaust issues. He has twin engines and only one pee hole works. I don't know how that's possible, but that's the case. When he drains his plug afterwards, gallons of water comes out. I'm thinking his cooling water is draining inside his boat somehow. Anyway, perhaps check your pee hole and see if water is pouring out at those times you smell the exhaust. If not, perhaps that's a place to start looking. I don't know. Just a thought.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don’t think I have ever smelled anything from the exhaust that had caught my attention

odub11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just curious. Does anyone else get some exhaust smell at certain speeds? Seems like a sort of back draft effect? Scarab 195. Do you see some exhaust smoke at higher Rpms or after slowing down from high speed runs?
So I just took my boat out this last weekend for the first time and this is exactly what happened to me, what did you discover or how did u fix it?

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
So I just took my boat out this last weekend for the first time and this is exactly what happened to me, what did you discover or how did u fix it?
Didn't find any issues. Seems like its a normal thing. depends how the wind blows