• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust Temp sensor

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I had the dealer installl new supercharger (195 with 200hp). Changed plugs and both o2 sensors as well. Drove it a couple times no issues but 3rd trip i have check engine light with 2 codes. P2081 and p0546. The maintenance light also came on. I Let the boat sit for a while but still getting the codes after a bunch if restarts. Wiring looks OK so I will change the sensor but seems odd. Wondering if there an ecm issue.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Many have had to replace them. Start with what you are suggesting and see how it goes. Many solve it by simply replacing it. They sometimes can get dirty after winterizing, sometimes water, etc.

Hopefully it resolves the issue.

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Replaced the sensor. P2080 and p0546. May have to bring it to dealer.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Keep in mind many codes need to have the engine running over x number of hours and cycles before the error clears (with no active error, aka fixed problem). Some require software to be reset after fixing the problem.

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Well, took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out. They cleared the check engine light but the codes were still there. After a while the light came back and still shows the 2 codes. P0546 and P2080. Installed 2 different exhaust temp sensors. Guess its going to stay that way for a while.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Well that's an odd problem. After replacing the sensors and clearing the codes....

Yeah, starts to get complicated.... I won't be able to help you there. Sorry. Hopefully you eventually get it resolved.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm confused... is this the connector of the O2 sensor? Didn't the dealer just replace it? Did they break it?

To my knowledge, it comes with the O2 sensor. The connector on its own..... probably some electronic store. But no idea what it's called.

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
It's for the exhaust temp sensor. It must of been hanging by a thread. I disconnected it to check it and it was like this.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Well easy and (now) obvious fixes are a good thing!